Home Theater Room: High Efficiency vs Pro Cinema recommendations

S

sr2002

Audioholic Intern
I decided to pull the trigger on a couple of PSA MTM-210s and will most likely go with a JTR 2400ULF sub (debating that and PSA TV2112 which is cheaper). Later if I upgrade to JTR mains, I can demote these to surround duty. But something lets me JTR based system is not something that will have WAF blessing (just from the sheer price standpoint, forget the size). So what I might end up doing is, PSA for LCR and surrounds and then JTR for the sub.

Fingers crossed for the sound quality and dynamics. Hopefully the horn isn't too harsh for my taste

S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
Nice that they have a 60 return policy. I hope that it works out for you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was looking at JBL 590 last night, on sale at Amazon for $599 each. Another intriguing loudspeaker. Anyone here measure that one yet?
JBL 590s were reviewed by Australian Hi-Fi with measurements but seems their site is down. I have a copy of it but too large to attach here (at least with my skillz :) ). PM me and we can figure out a way to share perhaps. I have a set of 590s (with 580s and 530s for surround/rear surrounds, with a 520C center but experimenting with the Infinity RC263 right now instead). I like them overall.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I decided to pull the trigger on a couple of PSA MTM-210s and will most likely go with a JTR 2400ULF sub (debating that and PSA TV2112 which is cheaper). Later if I upgrade to JTR mains, I can demote these to surround duty. But something lets me JTR based system is not something that will have WAF blessing (just from the sheer price standpoint, forget the size). So what I might end up doing is, PSA for LCR and surrounds and then JTR for the sub.

Fingers crossed for the sound quality and dynamics. Hopefully the horn isn't too harsh for my taste
Did you ever post your impressions of the MTM-210s?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis