home theater reciever???

B

bmac

Audioholic
Save me from myself

Zumbo,thanks I agree with your comment,but you guys seem to know alot about the topic.If anyone has a suggestion in that $1000-$2000 range speak up.I really do want the Input.The speaker topic(i will save for other threads),but rest assured i will look into other avenues.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
For that money, I think I'd take the HK 7300 and save $500. I was ready to spend $2000, and the more and more I reseached, the more I found out there is not that much difference in receivers. If you need power, you are better off going with a spearate amp and receiver combination. I was about to buy a separate two channel amp, but after the Polks and Denon had broke in, I really don't need one. I am so glad I didn't buy the HK7300 at $1399. The Denon 3805 at under $800 was a much better buy. Actually, if I had waited, I would have got the Marantz SR8400 at www.ubid.com/cat/get_cat_page.asp?CatID=3871&PgNum=1 for under $600 and been tickled pink. That's just too much to spend on a receiver IMO.

B

bmac

Audioholic
Rotel That Is The Answer!!!

Thanks for all the advice,I decided to spend the bucks and go Rotel.I will let you know when it comes in if the hype is true. :)

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
You big spender! Anyhow, let us know how much better you are than us when you get it. Just kidding. Always a good thing to go with your gut. You won't be sorry wishing you would have got what you originally wanted. Not too many guys here with Rotel stuff. Now you can be the official Audioholic on Rotel! :)

B

bmac

Audioholic
Buckeye's Stuff

Don't Give Me That, You've Got Some Nice Toys!!! :d

SMU1976

SMU1976

Enthusiast
Go with a used B & K

bmac said:
Zumbo,thanks I agree with your comment,but you guys seem to know alot about the topic.If anyone has a suggestion in that $1000-$2000 range speak up.I really do want the Input.The speaker topic(i will save for other threads),but rest assured i will look into other avenues.
Buy a 507 B & K used for about $1400 to $1700 on Ebay, retails for over $3000, street price of $2700. Built like a tank, will have the series II upgrades out this fall for you to install through your home computer. This will put you in the major league's (like seperates) and you get a solid ten-twelve years out of the build quality. Remote is fantastic. Many will have 2-3 years left on their 5 year warranty. I have never seen a single bad review of the unit or any B & K product. Designed, built, and customer service right here in the USA. No HDMI, but unless your changing all your components, whats the difference?
Just my opinion, I may be wrong.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis