Home Theater in a Barn (Well, sorta)

J

jaymz

Enthusiast
Lurked here for a long time; finally registered and accumulated enough posts to post pics.

Over the past six months or so, I have been upgrading equipment/remodeling my listening room (not a formal home theater). It's in a basement room, about 12' X 14', and paneled in genuine (from a barn) barn siding, with a whitewashed & green finish. Upgraded the lighting and added some posters of fav old movies and "early technology" signs. I enjoy the contrast between old time and new technology stuff. Also have a few old tools, guns and jugs lying about. I'm sure some will call it cluttered, but I enjoy it.

Recently ditched my old 4:3 Sony projection TV for a new LG 55lw5600 3D TV and Panasonic 3D bluray player (DMP-210). Also added a new equipment/TV stand. The AVR is a Marantz SR 7300, with Def Tech BP2002 fronts and BP8 rears; DN 622 DVR.

I'm sure not everyone's cup of tea, but the sound and picture are wonderful.

Jim

Last edited:
W

westcott

Audioholic General
Thanks for posting some pictures. Small spaces are always a challenge.

Hope you enjoy your new toys!

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Very nice setup and very interesting room. Thanks for sharing.

The musket reminded me of Maiden's The Trooper.

J

jaymz

Enthusiast
Very nice setup and very interesting room. Thanks for sharing.

The musket reminded me of Maiden's The Trooper.
Thanks for the comments. Of course, the "muskets" are working models, built from kits many years ago. The flintlock represents one of our last connections with the stone age (flint and steel). I took a small six-point buck with it. The other is a .50 cal Hawken (Mountain Man type, like Redford used in "Jeremiah Johnson"). If you're stealing my components, I better get you with the first shot because it takes a long time to reload!

Jim

M

mjcmt

Audioholic
Love the rustic look. Now you need to build a rustic gear rack.
Especially like that 'smoke pole', I mean percussion cap long rifle.

C

Craigslist Joe

Audioholic Intern
I dig the vibe. Very cool. Especially the lava lamp!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis