Home Music Server & Speaker System

J

jray8680

Audiophyte
My boss recently asked me to research installing a home music server and speaker system into every room in his apartment. As I have never owned more than a shelf stereo from Best Buy I am hoping some of you might have some suggestions as to where I should start to look and research. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
? Why would your boss task you with something that others spend years to learn? Sounds like you should hire a consultant or local A/V Integrator of some sort.

Things could run from a iPod dock all the way to a nice Request music server... so you have to find a budget, the quality expectations, the questions of accesability and audio in multiple locations, etc. It all matters a lot in the final system determination.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Sound system

You mentioned an apartment.
Does your boss own the appartment or condo? If not, his options will probably be limited to wireless systems like Sonos and Yamaha that don't require running wires.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, I was just thinking that Sonos may be the best way to go in a lot of situations where you don't have a lot of control or experience. Just get it, set it up, run away, run away!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis