HOLY MACKERAL!! Wrong?????

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
toquemon said:
Here is a review of the new connectors, one ot them is the WBT 75 Ohm connector you're talking about.
Thanks for the links.

It was very interesting reading the man claim they had developed the ideas. Also, it was very interesting seeing the spiralling of the female jack...it is exactly as I described back on Jan 14, 2003.

I alternated between anger, reading about how he claims credit for the idea that he took from me, and a more intellectual view of the situation, as he really didn't steal it from me even though I developed it, but he took the idea from a public forum and patented it..

The man makes connectors for a living...He would have been remiss to NOT use the idea..

He will, however find the patent un-defendable, unless he can produce legal evidence in support of his position. Honestly, if the idea starts to generate some money worthy of a big boy look, his patent will be trashed..

The least they could have done is credit me with the idea...Geeze,

Cheers, John

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
WBT plug creator dishonest or just an amazing coincedence(spiral topology implemenation and timeframe of introduction)? Now this is getting interesting!

-Chris

jneutron said:
Thanks for the links.

It was very interesting reading the man claim they had developed the ideas. Also, it was very interesting seeing the spiralling of the female jack...it is exactly as I described back on Jan 14, 2003.

I alternated between anger, reading about how he claims credit for the idea that he took from me, and a more intellectual view of the situation, as he really didn't steal it from me even though I developed it, but he took the idea from a public forum and patented it..

The man makes connectors for a living...He would have been remiss to NOT use the idea..

He will, however find the patent un-defendable, unless he can produce legal evidence in support of his position. Honestly, if the idea starts to generate some money worthy of a big boy look, his patent will be trashed..

The least they could have done is credit me with the idea...Geeze,

Cheers, John

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
WmAx said:
WBT plug creator dishonest or just an amazing coincedence(spiral topology implemenation and timeframe of introduction)? Now this is getting interesting!

-Chris
Yah, it is such a coincidence. Either it indeed was a huge coincidence, or he glommed the idea off AR, and thought either I would be gone from the forums, am getting senile, or that since the AR archives are in such a poor state that it took me three hours to find my post knowing the date I posted it..that nobody'd remember...or find..perhaps they figured the patent search wouldn't be able to find it either..

I've debated asking Ray Kimber about it, contacting WBT, contacting the patent office, or even contacting the chief engineer at Monster cable..hey, if it's taken from the forum, it's public domain..It was intended to be such..

But I'm waiting for someone who knows a person at WBT..jumping the gun as to blame would serve nobody..Hey, maybe the guy at WBT really is a genius..(sorry, had to say that...I think I just broke my arm) :cool:

And maybe that patent search didn't find bupkus at the AR archives...now that, I'd believe...such a shambles, those archives.
Cheers, John

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
Well, i have a friend who is an electronical engeenier and i told him about your discovery. He told me that, in electonics, some things are imposible, some things are really difficult and some things are easy. The true 75 Ohm connector was on the side of the near-imposible things so, ¡congratulations genius!. I think it's fair that you'll have some extra grand from this company to buy MORE EQUIPMENT!

Cheers.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Why not inquire about their patent number. Maybe the patent office will have dates and times of application?

Maybe hint that this design was on the internet, public domain, after you know more about their dates :D

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Since this is still apparenlty in the patent pending process, I think you should immediately contact the U.S. Patent office while this is still in pending. It does not seem likely that the patent would be granted if you refer them to your post on AR over a year ago detailing the design principle.

-Chris

jneutron said:
Yah, it is such a coincidence. Either it indeed was a huge coincidence, or he glommed the idea off AR, and thought either I would be gone from the forums, am getting senile, or that since the AR archives are in such a poor state that it took me three hours to find my post knowing the date I posted it..that nobody'd remember...or find..perhaps they figured the patent search wouldn't be able to find it either..

I've debated asking Ray Kimber about it, contacting WBT, contacting the patent office, or even contacting the chief engineer at Monster cable..hey, if it's taken from the forum, it's public domain..It was intended to be such..

But I'm waiting for someone who knows a person at WBT..jumping the gun as to blame would serve nobody..Hey, maybe the guy at WBT really is a genius..(sorry, had to say that...I think I just broke my arm) :cool:

And maybe that patent search didn't find bupkus at the AR archives...now that, I'd believe...such a shambles, those archives.
Cheers, John

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
Why not inquire about their patent number. Maybe the patent office will have dates and times of application?

Maybe hint that this design was on the internet, public domain, after you know more about their dates :D
The page has two patent numbers on it. the first is for the locking contraption, back in the early 90's. that is EP0460145.

The second number, I have been told, is 10258689, German.
the WBT spec sheet has both, but the 102 number has ".6-34" after it, I don't know what that means.

Searching for the 102 number has been fruitless...and the other person who pointed that number out says it's in German, which he doesn't understand...neither do I. He did have a vague memory of this device from WBT either early 2003, not sure if april or january, and he is not committing, but he thinks the initial patent application was done late 2002...if such is the case, then this is a simple case of me being "always the brides maid, never the bride". Hey, it happens...If I find they did indeed submit before Jan 6, my initial statement....I'll let all know.

If anyone out there does, and is able to find the patent via the internet, I would appreciate the information.

Thanks, John.

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
ARgh...always a bridesmaid, never a bride...

AHA!!! I found it...

here is the patent office link:

http://v3.espacenet.com/origdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=DE10258689&F=0&QPN=DE10258689

It clearly states (well, if you know German), that the application date for the patent is Dec 13, 2002. (note that the word "anmeldetag" means date of application)

This is exactly what I was told by Ray Kimber (of Kimber Cables)...thank you Ray, for your help.

So, obviously, The gents at WBT are NOT responsible for having taken it from the public domain, but have indeed designed on their own, a 75 ohm RCA connector...Excellent job to them..and I wish them best of luck in marketing the product..

Cheers, John

Thanks to all for the comments and dialogue.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
jneutron said:
AHA!!! I found it...

here is the patent office link:

http://v3.espacenet.com/origdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=DE10258689&F=0&QPN=DE10258689

It clearly states (well, if you know German), that the application date for the patent is Dec 13, 2002. (note that the word "anmeldetag" means date of application)

This is exactly what I was told by Ray Kimber (of Kimber Cables)...thank you Ray, for your help.

So, obviously, The gents at WBT are NOT responsible for having taken it from the public domain, but have indeed designed on their own, a 75 ohm RCA connector...Excellent job to them..and I wish them best of luck in marketing the product..

Cheers, John

Thanks to all for the comments and dialogue.
Excellent detective work :D
Now we know.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis