Holmes & Watson: The end of an era?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was a huge fan with the pairing of Will Ferrell and John C Reilly
1. Talladega Nights: Loved it, laughed to tears
2. Step Brothers: I still quote it at work when I have a huge success: "It's the f**King Catalina Wine Mixer"

I was so pumped to see this movie, that I went and saw it at 12:30 with a buddy before X-mas with the family. I guess I should have read the reviews, this one turned out to be a big monkey turd. So few laughs, and the few we had were very minimal. I think this duo has gone to the well one too many times, sad day for me as I really wanted to like this movie. I wouldn't even recommend it as a rental.

My Holliday Movies
1. Aquaman (Thumbs up, better then all recent DC movies outside of Wonder Woman)
2. Bumblebee (Meh, didn't really like or hate it, critics seemed to love it, better than the last Transformer movie, which is saying much)
3. Sherlock Holmes (Please see above)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Won't make any difference if you've been a fan of the Doyle characters in various incarnations for a long time?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Who would have guessed that you like these two? It's not like you have them right on your avatar or anything... :rolleyes:;)
As for the movie, I haven't seen it (nor plan to) but in general, I do mostly trust IMDB scores (given there are sufficient amount of votes -3k+) and getting 4.5 score, for a major Hollywood movie isn't easy or common. They have really tried hard to muck it up.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Who would have guessed that you like these two? It's not like you have them right on your avatar or anything... :rolleyes:;)
As for the movie, I haven't seen it (nor plan to) but in general, I do mostly trust IMDB scores (given there are sufficient amount of votes -3k+) and getting 4.5 score, for a major Hollywood movie isn't easy or common. They have really tried hard to muck it up.
I have to edit my last post: I thought there were no reviews for it on rotten tomatoes. There are 21 and it got a score of 0.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I am pretty sure I saw the trailer and that turned me right off as well.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
1. Talladega Nights: Loved it, laughed to tears
2. Step Brothers: I still quote it at work when I have a huge success: "It's the f**King Catalina Wine Mixer"

I was so pumped to see this movie, that I went and saw it at 12:30 with a buddy before X-mas with the family. I guess I should have read the reviews, this one turned out to be a big monkey turd. So few laughs, and the few we had were very minimal. I think this duo has gone to the well one too many times, sad day for me as I really wanted to like this movie. I wouldn't even recommend it as a rental.

My Holliday Movies
1. Aquaman (Thumbs up, better then all recent DC movies outside of Wonder Woman)
2. Bumblebee (Meh, didn't really like or hate it, critics seemed to love it, better than the last Transformer movie, which is saying much)
3. Sherlock Holmes (Please see above)
Pretty much what I've heard from other fans. Oh well.

one more time

one more time

Junior Audioholic
From the trailers I think I'l wait for it on HBO/Netflix or Amazon Prime. While I like the pair, from the trailers I get the feeling they may have went to the well once too often.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis