Hitachi Unveils New UltraVision Flat Panel TVs

<P><FONT face=Arial size=2>The Home Electronics Division of Hitachi America, Ltd. </FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>today launched its 2005 flat panel television line with seven product lines that include several&nbsp;new 42- and 55-inch plasma HDTVs; a series of LCD flat panel HDTVs with 26-, 32- and 37-inch displays; and a 42-inch enhanced-definition plasma model. </FONT><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>Hitachi's 2005 flat panel HDTVs utilize proprietary technologies in dramatic industrial designs in a range of sizes from 26- to 55-inches. For UltraVision® models, the company's next-generation VirtualHD 1080p II video processing technology incorporates new histogram processing algorithms for enhanced contrast, sharpness, gamma and color for a clearer, sharper picture.</FONT></P><P><FONT face=Arial size=2>[Read More and Get Pricing]</FONT></P>

Last edited by a moderator:
HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Do any mfg's make 32/36" Plasma Display? If not, why?

Thanks in advance,

J

JiveMiguel

Enthusiast
Does Hitachi make CRT TVs anymore? It seems that they don't. :eek: Hmmmm
If you have a link or know the answer, please respond.

Thanks!

Last edited:
XtremeAV

XtremeAV

Audioholic Intern
JiveMiguel thats a really good question and come to think about it I have not seen any RPTV's from them in awhile either.

M

Mark Duncan

Junior Audioholic
As an owner of the 2004 55" Hitachi Plasma, I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing the new models. I'd like to get a 42" for the bedroom next. I'm very happy with my 55".

Mark

E

e73bass

Junior Audioholic
Hitachi Unveils

As a soon(97% sure) to be Hitachi Plasma owner--also the 55" either HDT51 or HDX61. I could not see what difference or improvemenmts that Hitachi added from the 2004 models to the 2005 models. Can anyone else tell me?

nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
HookedOnSound said:
Do any mfg's make 32/36" Plasma Display? If not, why?
That's a good question, one that I'd like a specific answer to.

It may be that they decided early that there wouldn't be a demographic for it. Even though widescreen offers 20%+ viewing, widescreen displays have to be fairly large to compete with 4:3 content. A 42" WS display is the equivalent of a 32" (or so) 4:3 TV, so the reasoning may be that given the high cost of plasma, they couldn't get anyone to buy one any smaller when 4:3 TVs of equivalent size were so blasted cheap.

Perhaps the most cost effective method of laying phosphors on the panel requires a minimum of space that only 42" and larger displays can allow? I really have no idea... but I would assume that as time goes on and the technology gets more advanced, we might see some form of plasma in smaller applications. No matter the reason, I'm quite pleased with my 42" plasma!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis