Higbee & Associates Lawsuit Extortion SCAM of Audioholics.com

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
A lawfirm names Higbee & Associates sent us an extortion letter that we need to pay them $4k+ within 14 days or they threaten to sue for larger damages of generic stock images we used in educational and news articles we published as far back as 2008. These images are mostly of company logos (ie. Samsung building and logo, XBOX 360 log with a woman's boot, Sony Blu-ray disc, etc). I wanted to make everyone aware of this lawfirm Higbee & Associates that seems to be a copyright troll using software to find images used in content.

I'd appreciate any advice from subject matter experts or lawyers reading this post.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
That's complete BS!!! Sorry your dealing with that Gene, this world is full of evil greedy people. Hope someone can assist you with this and you can get this rectified with little to no issues.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds a lot like a phone scam lol. And they only want $4k? Take them to court, it will cost them more than that to show up.

Here you go:

Fair use permits a party to use a copyrighted work without the copyright owner's permission for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I filled an unauthorized practice of law complaint to the Florida bar against a secretary at Higbee & Associates trying to act like an attorney making threats and suggesting legal action I take. Next I will be filling against their acting attorney .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis