HiFiMAN SUSVARA Planar Magnet Headphone Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The HiFiMAN SUSVARA represents the latest update to original HiFiMAN’s HE-1000 flagship headphones. Featuring CNC-milled casing and double-sided magnets, the Susvara incorporates the cutting edge of planar technology. With that said, the headphones come in at a considerable $6,000 price tag. For those without money concerns, and those wishing to seek world-class sound, the Susvara certainly deserves an audition. To find out more, please read on.

hifiman.jpg

Read: HiFiMAN SUSVARA Planar Magnet Headphone Review

M

MandM

Junior Audioholic
quote "First Impression: Pretty Cool"

I guess pretty cool if you buy these at $6000 then need to spend another $1799 on cables minimum to make these really sing. Wow thanks for the head up. :eek:

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

I guess pretty cool if you buy these at $6000 then need to spend another $1799 on cables minimum to make these really sing. Wow thanks for the head up. :eek:
Yea that cable nonsense is insane but hey some audiophiles have more money than sense ;)

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall

Placebo is real when you believe in it, that is all you get with cable uppgrades unless manufacturer actually did something wrong with original cable that I doubt in this case.

S

Schrodinger23

Audioholic Intern
That's really too bad that HiFiMan is skimping on their design of the speaker cables. They were so incompletely designed that for a fraction of the cost of the headphones there is a substantial improvement that can be made to the sound quality. Where else did HiFiMan skimp on the design? :)

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
That's really too bad that HiFiMan is skimping on their design of the speaker cables. They were so incompletely designed that for a fraction of the cost of the headphones there is a substantial improvement that can be made to the sound quality. Where else did HiFiMan skimp on the design? :)
I bet the original cable sounds just as good as the "upgrade" cable, what you get is upgraded looks with the expensive cable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis