C

Cuong Nguyen

Audiophyte
Could I use Hi Fi Speakers (like 901 series VI with equalizer) in place of loud speakers?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not exactly sure what you are asking? What is the use of the speakers? As long as they accept the type of signal you intend to feed them, a speaker is a speaker.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Assuming you don't go bat s**t crazy with the volume, they are the same thing. Make sure you can insert the equalizer between the preamp and power amp.

Here's a hint: With the 901, have the side with 8 speakers facing front

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
You could, However it's your ears listening to them, see if you're happy. My personal recommendation would be to find a good pair of floor standing speakers, and build around those with matching surrounds and center.

C

Cuong Nguyen

Audiophyte
I use one channel of a QSC RMX2450 to run 2 small speakers (100watt each) at the back of the sanctuary of my church, and now these speakers are dead. I have 2 Bose 901 Series VI available. I don't know if I can use these Bose speakers in place of the 2 broken speakers?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
As long as you have everything to connect them up, and from the other posts it sounds like you do, it should work fine.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Assuming you don't go bat s**t crazy with the volume, they are the same thing. Make sure you can insert the equalizer between the preamp and power amp.

Here's a hint: With the 901, have the side with 8 speakers facing front
I always had the side with 8 speakers facing the rear. I thought that's why they call them direct reflecting. Never did try them facing to the front.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I use one channel of a QSC RMX2450 to run 2 small speakers (100watt each) at the back of the sanctuary of my church, and now these speakers are dead. I have 2 Bose 901 Series VI available. I don't know if I can use these Bose speakers in place of the 2 broken speakers?
They should work.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis