Hi. I'm a troll looking to bash Axiom Audio, will you allow me to entertain you?

Why am I bashing Axiom Audio?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

Phatman

Banned
I "Bought" (ie. I really don't own any but I have to say I do to make this troll post work) a Axiom system with M60 towers VP150 Center and QS8 surrounds with a EP600 and I am very "dissatisfied" (i.e. unspecific so as to encourage lots of feedback and arguments). Was considering Mirage, JBL, and Bose (must add Bose to elicit lots of negative feedback and discussion).

Tell me what I should do cause this Axiom is putting out full range signal and I'm used to hearing only 60Hz - 10kHz with bumps at 200Hz and 6kHz [translation], or could it be these rip off cables? I bought BlueJeans and was gonna get high quality Monster but this site said otherwise. (important to interject all known controversy to get the maximum effect)

Phatman

[Edited: To make it more truthful and add some much-needed comedy. If you think this guy has ever owned Axioms I have a bridge to sell you in Arizona. - Admin.]

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
Perhaps you should tell people what speakers don't sound like crap to you, or what part of the Axioms do sound like crap to you. Otherwise people might just recommend more crap for you.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
I will give you what you paid for the Axioms since you hate them so.

Editor: Note this legitimate offer to buy speakers (hint to everyone else: the original poster doesn't have any) - Admin

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
What don't you like about Axiom? They've received pretty good ratings here at Audioholics. What amp/receiver are you using? How is the room setup? Any carpeting/room treatments?

P

Phatman

Banned
The sibalance is killing me, the bass is weak, and my amp cant handle the 4 ohm speakers. I love the Bose sound but want other's opinions.

Phatman

[Edit: See above for description of the "discomfort" associated with switching from a bandwidth-limited system to a full range system like Axiom Audio's. Keep in mind, however, that this person doesn't even own Axiom Audio speakers. - Admin]

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
axiom has a return policy, return it asap.

I know JBL doesn't sound like Bose.

and since you like Bose, there's no sense in buying anything BUT Bose.
although I doubt the cables contribute to how the speakers sound, get the monster cables, they get the job done.

btw, you did not answer the question on what receiver you had. <--- Good question - Admin

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Phatman said:
The sibalance is killing me, the bass is weak, and my amp cant handle the 4 ohm speakers. I love the Bose sound but want other's opinions.

Phatman
I'll buy them and pay double the shipping then. I want your used speakers. You can make money on this deal. Hell I'll pay you 5% over cost since they are broken in!

[Edit: Note the SECOND (above retail) offer to purchase the system. Further corroboration that the original poster does NOT, in fact, even own an Axiom Audio system. This is the proper way to feed a troll if you want to call him out, but of course we recommend not feeding them at all. - Admin]

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
MacManNM said:
I'll buy them and pay double the shipping then. I want your used speakers. You can make money on this deal. Hell I'll pay you 5% over cost since they are broken in!
Hey Mac,

will you buy MY speakers? no need to double the shipping. :D :rolleyes:
Infinity BETA set!

I'd like to try B&W or Paradigm myself.

this thread looks like a forum bashing to me.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
mike c said:
Hey Mac,

will you buy MY speakers? no need to double the shipping. :D :rolleyes:
Infinity BETA set!

I'd like to try B&W or Paradigm myself.

this thread looks like a forum bashing to me.

If it was a farce like this....then yes!

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Phatman said:

Phatman
The sibalance is most likely not coming from the speakers at all, but rather your receiver. What are you driving the Axioms with? Switching to a lower quality speaker such as bose will only make it worse. Bose uses cheap paper cone tweeters or no tweeters at all. The Axioms are a decent quality speaker in a different class all together from bose. It sounds like to me it is time to upgrade your receiver.

[Edit: Ah the ignorance of youth! :) Pssst: He doesn't own any Axioms, Jeff. - Admin]

I knew that, but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt in case he truly was that stupid to believe that bose could somehow sound better than a set of Axioms. There are those that might. I guess it just in my nature to somehow try and see the good in people being the liberal minded person that I am. LOL :) Youth, youth, do feel older than 40?

colin.p

colin.p

Audioholic Intern
MacManNM said:
As Larry the Cableguy would so eloquently say" I don't care who you are, now that's funny.":p

Colin

wilkenboy

wilkenboy

Full Audioholic
Troll alert.

If not, Mac - I hope you get them.

~Josh

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Iv'e got a full JBL studio series 5.1 surround set up. If you like how they sound...let me know, I will trade you AND drive (or pay for both shippings) to swap them out. No matter where you live...Even the moon!

You've Got to be kidding. If you know enough to purchase Axioms, You'd know enough NOT to want Bose as an optional replacement! Thats OK though, I will trade you anyways!

I have to admit I have a kind of sick fascination with Trolls and their penchant for getting satisfaction out of controversy over an imaginary topic.

RJB

RJB

Audioholic
These threads are one of the main reasons I love coming here...

It's nice to see people who enjoy audio AND have a good sense of humor! :)

wilkenboy

wilkenboy

Full Audioholic
God Bless this forum. Its good to see trolls dealt with in such a decisive and entertaining way.

~Josh

E

einsteinjb

Audioholic
Clint, you guys rule! You dealt with this in a way that not only informs but also gave me a great laugh. If this thread had happened on AVS, the mods would have simply closed it and deprived everyone of the fun of toying with the guy. Nice work. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis