hi!.getting a new dvd player tuesday

E

emily86

Audiophyte
hi.

I am getting a new dvd player on tuesday from amazon. this is my third player within a few months- the first one overheated, the second one the power went on it, and now I am wondering what I can do to make sure that their's no issues?

things that i've tried all ready

- making sure the player isn't on something hot (like for example another electronic giving off heat)

- put the player on another plug, not with anything else so it's not too much power

- kept the room well ventilated

I'm looking for other solutions. I guess what I'm basically saying is, it's happened twice that I've lost a player- how can I ensure it doesn't happen again (I mean it will when it reaches the end of it's life), but after 1/ 2 weeks is a bit weird

thanks

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
hi.

I am getting a new dvd player on tuesday from amazon. this is my third player within a few months- the first one overheated, the second one the power went on it, and now I am wondering what I can do to make sure that their's no issues?

- making sure the player isn't on something hot (like for example another electronic giving off heat)

- put the player on another plug, not with anything else so it's not too much power

I'm looking for other solutions. I guess what I'm basically saying is, it's happened twice that I've lost a player- how can I ensure it doesn't happen again (I mean it will when it reaches the end of it's life), but after 1/ 2 weeks is a bit weird

thanks
Welcome to AH,

I suggest that you rather buy a reasonably priced Blu-ray player from a dependable manufacturer than an older DVD design. Just get a SONY unit and I recommend Crutchfield for support. You will most likely need a cheap HDMI to RCA converter to operate it with your equipment. I'm sure Crutchfield has everything to get you operating the BD player, which will play all your DVDs and even upscale their definition for a better picture:

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
hi.

thanks
A DVD or a Blu-ray player does not consume much current, about 15 watts only. So you don't have to worry where to plug it. For instance, the same circuit as that used for your TV is absolutely OK.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
These were used units? Or new? Makes and models? Why just a dvd player and not a bluray player like Verdinut mentions?

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Would you like to tell us what brand, model number, and cost, you have had trouble with. Also did you buy the second and third model, the same as the first one
If so why. ??

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
How about a blu-ray or uhd blu-ray instead? DVD is 20 year old technology and looks dull and blurry compared to blu-ray

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wouldn't that depend on the quality of the player
More the quality of the disc and player/tv as a group. DVD can still be pretty good, I wouldn't exactly call it blurry, but dvd is only 720x480 NTSC (or 720x576 pal), so just lower resolution to start with.

C

chapp

Audioholic
Players are fairly reasonable dependent on what are your likes. You can't go wrong with a Blu Ray 4K player in these days.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis