R

Rajith

Enthusiast
I'm happy to join this wonderful forum .Though I have seen many reviews of Audioholics ,today I decided to join this forum .
My system have the following
Display device:Sony HW45es projector
AVR: Marantz SR8012
Power amps : ATI 1506 (To power the base 5 channel) ,Adcom gfa 535 (To power the VOG channel)
Speaker layout : Atmos 5.2.4/Auro3d 10.2
Speakers : Dali Zensors for the bed channel ,Alteco C1 for the front & Rear heights & Sonodyne A3540 ,Sub - Dali e12f - 2 Nos.
Source Pioneer bdp 160 /Panasonic BDT3 (1080 p only)

My room is not completly acousticaly treated ..Some basic treatment like carpeting,foam type panels in reflection points etc..
The problem I face is that the Front soundstage is not that good ...Also there was some problem in the Low to Mids...Not that much smooth (some time I feel it is collapsing in between..not sure How much my ear is sensitive to that )
Recently I have bought a miniDSP 2x4HD to integrate the subs .Now I'm waiting fo r my UMIK-1 to arrive . I'm a beginner in this area. Hence I want to learn more on this .
My question is that if I'm adding minidsp 2x4HD to my system will it overcome these problems .Please advice me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hard to know from your description just what the issues are that you think you have and will be solved by the minidsp. Maybe more explanation of this part "The problem I face is that the Front soundstage is not that good ...Also there was some problem in the Low to Mids...Not that much smooth (some time I feel it is collapsing in between..not sure How much my ear is sensitive to that ) " .

Did you also download REW to use with your measurement mic so you can measure your response before applying eq? Did you run Audyssey already or setup your system with an spl meter or ?

ps Welcome to the forums.

R

Rajith

Enthusiast
Hard to know from your description just what the issues are that you think you have and will be solved by the minidsp. Maybe more explanation of this part "The problem I face is that the Front soundstage is not that good ...Also there was some problem in the Low to Mids...Not that much smooth (some time I feel it is collapsing in between..not sure How much my ear is sensitive to that ) " .

Did you also download REW to use with your measurement mic so you can measure your response before applying eq? Did you run Audyssey already or setup your system with an spl meter or ?

ps Welcome to the forums.
Hi ! Thank u..I'm waiting for the UMIK shipment for doing REW. ( I'm a beginner in REW & miniDSP) .I have done Audyssey with regular Mic provided along AVR. My objective is to bring a better sound stage and a better bass management.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi ! Thank u..I'm waiting for the UMIK shipment for doing REW. ( I'm a beginner in REW & miniDSP) .I have done Audyssey with regular Mic provided along AVR. My objective is to bring a better sound stage and a better bass management.
What particularly would you like to change in terms of soundstage? Is there a specific issue with your bass management (minidsp may help you integrate the subs, but the basic bass management would remain with the avr).

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
I'm happy to join this wonderful forum .Though I have seen many reviews of Audioholics ,today I decided to join this forum .
My system have the following
Display device:Sony HW45es projector
AVR: Marantz SR8012
Power amps : ATI 1506 (To power the base 5 channel) ,Adcom gfa 535 (To power the VOG channel)
Speaker layout : Atmos 5.2.4/Auro3d 10.2
Speakers : Dali Zensors for the bed channel ,Alteco C1 for the front & Rear heights & Sonodyne A3540 ,Sub - Dali e12f - 2 Nos.
Source Pioneer bdp 160 /Panasonic BDT3 (1080 p only)

My room is not completly acousticaly treated ..Some basic treatment like carpeting,foam type panels in reflection points etc..
The problem I face is that the Front soundstage is not that good ...Also there was some problem in the Low to Mids...Not that much smooth (some time I feel it is collapsing in between..not sure How much my ear is sensitive to that )
Recently I have bought a miniDSP 2x4HD to integrate the subs .Now I'm waiting fo r my UMIK-1 to arrive . I'm a beginner in this area. Hence I want to learn more on this .
My question is that if I'm adding minidsp 2x4HD to my system will it overcome these problems .Please advice me.
Hi Rajith- How much did you buy the Sonodyne 3540 for and any details. looking at them for the Front heights. Thanks

R

Rajith

Enthusiast
What particularly would you like to change in terms of soundstage? Is there a specific issue with your bass management (minidsp may help you integrate the subs, but the basic bass management would remain with the avr).
Hi I like to improve my sound stage. Currently it's good ,but I like it to make better.I doubt about my center ( Zensor Vokal) and fronts Zensor 5 ,the height is less ( it's tweeter is not in my ear level) so thinking of raising it's height . Also I have checked changing the center with Emotiva Airmotiv C1 ( borrowing from one of my friend).I have noticed more clarity and wider dispersion in it .So I'm taking some little steps for improvement.

R

Rajith

Enthusiast
Hi Rajith- How much did you buy the Sonodyne 3540 for and any details. looking at them for the Front heights. Thanks
I got it for 13000 INR (pair) 2.5 years back. It's good one for the price range.Its come with brackets for on-ceiling mounting too.U can mount it in front heights too with keyhole mount provided in the back of the speaker too ( or with brackets provided,in case if u want to tilt it further down this will be useful).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis