Hey MODS - can we have HTPC section?

itschris

itschris

I think the technology is mature enough to have a worthwhile area for it. I think with much of fleas having been shaken off, there's some solid solutions out there and we won't have 500 million posts solely about "if only"

We could have stickies about cases, cpu's, video cards, and other common questions which I think would keep the repetetive "what's the best blah, blah, blah" kind of posts to a minimum. I think there could be excellent discussion.

Thoughts?

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
I know absolutely nothing about HTPC's.

I think a section of the board dedicated to this would be good, especially for those of us resistant to change and technology.

Even if I choose not to use one it would be great to be informed of what they can and cannot do.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am very interested in HTPC.

I'm relative new to this whole HTPC concept.

A few months ago, I didn't even now what "HTPC" was.

Now I have 2 PCs collected to my Denon receiver via HDMI.

It seems to be the new WAVE of the future.:D

I mean with a PC doing pretty much "everything", you wouldn't even "need" a receiver; or maybe a very SCALED down receiver.:D

I still have issues to work out on my HTPC.

Like why the DEFAULT audio keeps on switching from SPDIF to HDMI and vice versa?

I'm sure there are a hundred other issues out there - like DTS-HD MA, D TrueHD, etc.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I also support the addition of an HTPC section. I have built a few and probably could yak more about them than I could most other things... :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I would like this as well.

I used to think that the PS 3 was perfect for use as a HTPC, but the Sony web browser is sooooooooo bad that it's virtually unusable.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I also vote yes for it. I've built a few and never been truley happy with the results so I'd be very interested as to what others have done and where things have gone sinse my last build.

itschris

itschris

Nemo brought it up and brought it up another time before that, but I think I had like 10 posts and no one cared about what I had to say.... well... probalby still don't... but it's still a good idea!!:D
Gene, you live like 20 minutes from me. I'll bring you some bbq!

itschris

itschris

I would like this as well.

I used to think that the PS 3 was perfect for use as a HTPC, but the Sony web browser is sooooooooo bad that it's virtually unusable.
Darien! Do realize you and I just agreed on something for the 2nd time???!!!:D

B

Ben_in_COSpring

Junior Audioholic
Another vote for a HTPC forum. It's the future mannnn.

C

ChunkyDark

Full Audioholic
SWEEEEEEEEETTTT! Power to the people! The keyboard is mightier than the sword!
I'll make good on my BBQ bribe for you guys!
The BBQ is mightier than the sword!
There fixed it for ya :D

itschris

itschris

How many times have I asked and offered to Mod it? See post.

Thanks for putting in a forum.
Once you become as powerful and influential as I am, you'll be able to steer the future of this group too. ;);)

Seriously though, I brought this up not long after I joined, I know Nemo has, you have, and others. I think it's just good timing this particular time.

Btw - I'm compiling info on current cases for reference.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis