L-Jay

L-Jay

Junior Audioholic
O.K. I know this is old news, but I finally gotta chance to see Hero this weekend. Houston was getting destroyed, so no reason to finish the game. Anyways, I thought this was a very good movie. Really nice picture, and I was into the story. Excellent soundtrack. I watched the DTS version of course ;) . Nice use of the surrounds. The parts where the arrows were falling and the two girls were fighting in trees were excellent. All in all, this DVD was well worth the $10 bucks I paid for it. You gotta love HT.

R

Rabuf999

Enthusiast
I just got this one along with Crouching Tiger. Both are visually beautiful movies, hopfully western cinematographers will learn something from these two movies.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
In the "extra's" on hero, the director explains the way he used color themes to set the feeling of each scene. It seemed a little boring at the time but I watched the movie again and it really adds to the cinematography of the film. if you have the time I suggest watching.
Great Movie!!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I thought the movie was very well done as well, but I had to watch the DD version, as I can't stand reading subtitles, but I did check out the DTS track, and it was noticeably better than the DD track.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That was one I was glad I got to see on the big screen. It's gorgeously shot. I had CTHD before it was released in the US also, also very well done - the Superbit looks and sounds great. No English track though, but that doesn't bother me. Seeing the voice not match the person bothers me more than subtitles :) The translations are not always totally accurate.

Last edited:
furrycute

furrycute

Banned
The cinematograpy is certainly breathtaking, especially those colors. But the ending, anyone noticed the political undertones in this movie?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I find that I watch movies like that once (concentrating on the subtitles) and then a second time to watch the video part.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis