HEOS server not connecting

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
Recently my Marantz is giving me a message from my phone when I attempt to access TIDAL streaming service from HEOS. Apparently HEOS isn't connected to the server. I'm not understanding why this is happening. It would be nice to play my music through HEOS again with my streaming service. Any ideas?

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Via your AVR only, can you gain access to HEOS internet radio music? Do you have to resign into HEOS? Remember password? Just brain storming.

I once lost connection and had to re-sign into HEOS via using Wi-Fi. Since then, I hard wired.

Last edited:
Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
I only know how to access HEOS from the app on my phone. I'm a little bit bummed that I haven't been able to stream from TIDAL for a bit now.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I only know how to access HEOS from the app on my phone. I'm a little bit bummed that I haven't been able to stream from TIDAL for a bit now.
Wired, or using WiFi? Have you changed the router or any settings? Does it work for other streaming services and AV functions?

Is the Marantz firmware up to date? This kind of thing has happened with Pandora and it required an update because Pandora made changes and left Denon/Marantz hanging.

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
Wired, or using WiFi? Have you changed the router or any settings? Does it work for other streaming services and AV functions?

Is the Marantz firmware up to date? This kind of thing has happened with Pandora and it required an update because Pandora made changes and left Denon/Marantz hanging.
I guess I'll have to check the firmware. Haven't made any changes to the router. It is using Wi Fi.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Try a soft reset of the avr (i.e. unplug it from power for a bit)? Maybe same for router...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I guess I'll have to check the firmware. Haven't made any changes to the router. It is using Wi Fi.
Read the third line at the bottom of my posts- that's real. WiFi is for convenience and when a device doesn't have an ethernet port. Signal strength is great, but it doesn't guarantee speed and throughput.

I use an iPhone and at times, it loads web pages ridiculously slowly but if I turn WiFi off, it works much better. This is with a new-ish Linksys router, too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis