B

Bob2of3

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>OK I'm semi new to this home theatre thing and I can't seem to decide on which speakers to get. I'm mostly interested in watching/feeling movies. The receiver I'll be using is a Denon-AVR-3803 with the Denon DVD-2900 player. I have an old set of Klipsch floor standing that I love but I need the floor space. The room is around 12' wide by 16' long. The speaker setup I'm thinking of right now is:

Klipsch RB-3II Fronts
Klipsch RC-3II Center
Klipsch RS-3II Surrounds 2 pair for 7.1
Klipsch RSW-10 Subwoofer

Tell me if I'm on the right path or if there are any other speakers that I should think about

LAter
Bob</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I have the same system as you:
Denon 3803 and DVD-2900.

I choose Paradigms as my front speakers and the Klipsch SS as the rear. My setup is:
Legend V3 mains
CC-270 center
Klipsch SS rear
PDR-10 sub

With the limited space you have you might want to listen to a set of Paradigm Titans. The Titans get great reviews and I thought they sounded outstanding.

More info here:

http://www.paradigm.com/Website....ecs.htm</font>

N

Nad Fan

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a room &nbsp;of roughly the same size. &nbsp;i went with an NAD T762 and got PSB 5t (image series) speakers. I went with the 8c for the center and two 2ts for the rear. I also went with a Pinnacle baby boomer sub. I still need to play with the location of the sub but all in all a great sound for around $2300 out &nbsp;the door (including sub)
http://www.psbspeakers.com/s/ImageSeries.html
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>I'm getting close to finishing my search for 5.1 speakers and have been quite surprised how different each brand of speaker sounds. &nbsp;Klipsch have a distinctive sound, not saying bad or good, it's a matter of personal taste. &nbsp;If you really like how they're presenting the music, maybe they're right for you.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis