BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
How about just regular RG-6? I thought BJC had an article about why QS isn't needed but I'm too lazy to search. The regular RG-6 is so much easier to work with and honestly for audio at reasonable lengths (maybe under 15') RG-59 is even easier to work with.
Did I say everything? Cripes, don't listen to me.

I use RG6 for my subwoofer cabling all the time.

I use mini-high-resolution cable which is a foil shielded RG59 cable for component video, digital audio, and analog audio cabling for my stereo rooms.

Some of the runs are long - like 50' with that mini-HR cable. It is extremely easy to use because it is really small, but it is kind of pricey and must be terminated individually which isn't for everyone.

I guess it's not terribly pricey at about $.66/ft. retail - and I buy it via eBay most often at less than cost. But, it certainly isn't for everyone.

Extron MHR - Mini High Resolution Cables - MHR-2

There are articles about braided shielding vs. foil shielding, but in general I find that if you are careful of power lines then you can often avoid noise in your system pretty well. Long runs are the big worry, and short runs just tend to not have significant issue with decent cables.

I like using RG-6 QS just because it works for cable feeds as well as for subwoofers with no problem. I just get a roll of it and use it for my cable and my subwoofer feeds, then I use mini-HR cable for analog audio (where necessary) and component video (if necessary). In my home it is ALL about component video, so I use a lot of it and I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis