help with sub cover

R

rolyasm

Full Audioholic
I am building 4 subs into my riser and am having a difficult time with how to cover them. I bought 4 speaker covers for them, but they are barely big enough to cover the driver. I tried using rubber corks to keep the cover away from the sub, then the clamps to keep the cover down, but I don't really like it. I provides okay protection against direct hits, but no protection against things (popcorn, toys) falling down into the inside. Also, the clamps are barely holding onto the cover and I can't put the clamp screws any closer in without fear of splitting the wood around the driver. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Roly

Last edited:
MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
How about building a frame big enough to cover both drivers and stretching speaker grill material over the frame and fixing(some kind of hidden method, eg. push in fittings) it to the riser.

It should look pretty clean and you should be able to find some white grill material that would blend in with the riser.

cheers:)

R

rolyasm

Full Audioholic
I had thought of this. I thought maybe a frame that had metal lathe or wire mesh on the front for protection, covered by grill cloth. I don't have a lot of tools, so I am limited. Do you have any pics of the "push in fittings"? I am not sure what they are.
Roly

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis