B

Bob257

Audioholic Intern
I've been a vinyl person for a while now. I also have a large CD collection. I've been thinking of the idea of streaming, but I know NOTHING about it! I would be using WIFI to connect and into an analog input on my Yamaha a-s801 amp. I looked at PS Audio, but their DirectStream is 6K! Their new integrated (Strata) comes with built in streaming but I would need a phono stage to go along with it. Also I understand that it's a Class D amp? Any suggestions??

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Take a look at this thread...

Good options under $1,000 in there, doing just what you are looking for. Depends on how much in-home streaming and online streaming you wish to do. There are tons of options, well under a grand.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I've been a vinyl person for a while now. I also have a large CD collection. I've been thinking of the idea of streaming, but I know NOTHING about it! I would be using WIFI to connect and into an analog input on my Yamaha a-s801 amp. I looked at PS Audio, but their DirectStream is 6K! Their new integrated (Strata) comes with built in streaming but I would need a phono stage to go along with it. Also I understand that it's a Class D amp? Any suggestions??
I had that exact Yamaha, added the Bluesound Node 2i. Sounds fantastic and easy to use.
1586370098910.png

Until something comes along that offers everything the Node 2i does (at a competitive price) I will always recommend it. That being said, if you wanted to stay in the Yammy family, there is this for a little less:
1586370327215.png

Attachments

B

Bob257

Audioholic Intern
John,
When you connected the Node to your Yamaha, did you just plug in RCA into one of the inputs? Was it easy to connect to WIFI? Is that what you used or did you connect directly to a computer? What streamer service did you use? I'm thinking of using Spotify.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
John,
When you connected the Node to your Yamaha, did you just plug in RCA into one of the inputs? Was it easy to connect to WIFI? Is that what you used or did you connect directly to a computer? What streamer service did you use? I'm thinking of using Spotify.
Hey Bob! Yes, I went the RCA route from my Node to my Yamaha. I played around with the coax out into the Yammy, but the SQ was a wash between the two. The reason I got the Node was my setup changed (different living environs) and I could not have a direct connection from computer to integrated via USB like I did before.

I typically use Tidal, but any of the streaming services work with BlueOS. What I did add and absolutely love it is Roon. Roon automatically reads the music files on my computer, categorizes them, etc. So, through the Roon app on my, say, iPad, I can play Tidal or remotely stream anything that is on my computer or attached hard drive. Theoretically, you can do this through the BlueOS, but it was a little convoluted and above my computer literacy. Or maybe I'm just lazy... ;)

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
I typically use Tidal, but any of the streaming services work with BlueOS. What I did add and absolutely love it is Roon. Roon automatically reads the music files on my computer, categorizes them, etc. So, through the Roon app on my, say, iPad, I can play Tidal or remotely stream anything that is on my computer or attached hard drive. Theoretically, you can do this through the BlueOS, but it was a little convoluted and above my computer literacy. Or maybe I'm just lazy... ;)
I'm loving Roon w/Qobuz + Local files. Its expensive, but if $ is not a concern, very much worth it and has no equals(IMHO).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis