Help with speaker set up!!!

N

Nat

Audiophyte
I'm swamped with advise and everyone's different! Have a Pro logic Harmon Kardon AVR 20 receiver and am looking to come into the 21 century with 7.1 (perhaps HK again or perhaps dennon). I have a 5 speakers and a sub and my "rear" speakers are jamo dipole jobs that sit on the wall parallel to the couch as originally and professionally installed. SO, in order to go to the 7.1 system; 1/2 the "audio advisors" say the dipoles can be used but have to be moved closer to the bigscreen (HOW close they never say). The other 1/2 say that the jamo dipoles have to be scrapped and the "rear and rear centers" should match. Some say that ALL speakers need to match. Some say that the "rear centers" are merely for "fill". HELP! For a reasonable intelligent professional male who has survived 57 years in Florida and has gotten more "sound advise" then I need - is there anyone out there who can help me thru this maze? Post back here or e mail to natchman@aol.com thanks in advance!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Nat,

Are all your speakers Jamo? What models? Which sub? What is your listening preference % - music vs movies. What type of music? What is your budget for a new receiver? We'll all try to help you out here.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis