Help with Power Conditioning

R

Romulus646

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Help - never used Power Conditioning before. &nbsp;Have a nice new system and wondering how much I really need to invest in protection - I live in New York City and use Time Warner digital cable.

System: &nbsp;Samsung HMN567 DLP RPTV
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Denon 5803 AV Receiver
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Denon 2900 DVD Player
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;M&amp;K S/C-125 Speakers
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Marantz CD Player

Why get power conditioning - does it really make a diference? &nbsp;Then: &nbsp;Looking at the Monster Power HTS series, not sure if the HTS 5100 or 3600 is right.

Any help/commentary is much appreciated!

Mike</font>

U

Ultra Nexus

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Dunno if this helps but I use an APC Smart UPS system to backup all my A/V electronics... but thats just because where I live the incoming electricity mostly sucks and there are lots of peaks and other anomalies coming very often....

If thats not your case, I guess its useless...

Just my 2 cents
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Normal-Joe

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Mike,

I have Monsters AVS2000 voltage regulator and the HTS7000. &nbsp;They work great together but a power conditioner alone is a good investment.

I bought the HTS7000 due to the amount of High Current plugs. &nbsp;I have multiple amps (3) so the 5100 and 3600 were not the solution. &nbsp;

IMO the HTS 3600 would be fine due to the price difference. &nbsp;If you can take them both home for testing this would show you what you get for the money.

Now if you don't have the cash for the HTS7000 don't take it home because you will be looking for ways to buy it after you see the difference, and you will!! &nbsp;My wife still brings this up every time we have spat. &nbsp;

Regards,</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I know this is a pretty old thread but figured I would add to it a little. &nbsp;With the setup you mentioned, I would go with the HTS 1000MKII &nbsp;It is a really good one for a decent price, you can pick one up off ebay usually around 100 bucks. &nbsp;Hope this helps.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis