Help with possible interference?

4cefedgst

Audiophyte
I've been reading up on this issue for awhile now trying to solve it. I have your basic home theater system with a kenwood receiver and dvd player. My TV is a sony wega. My problem is when I turn my receiver on and I am playing dvd's or playstation I sometimes get small white lines on my tv. They are very hard to see because my wife did not even notice them until I said something. If I switch to regular cable to tv or turn off the receiver the lines will go away so it is not the tv which is only six months old. The lines just started appearing a few months ago for no reason that I can think of. I replaced my composite video cables from my receiver to my tv with componenet cables, but it did not improve the picture. I even went as far as buying a brand new receiver, but it still did not solve the problem. It sometimes will go days without lines, and then all of a sudden they just show up and progressively get worse until they finally go away. It's a vicious cycle and it is driving me crazy. Anyone that can help with this I really appreciate it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
4cefedgst said:
I've been reading up on this issue for awhile now trying to solve it. I have your basic home theater system with a kenwood receiver and dvd player. My TV is a sony wega. My problem is when I turn my receiver on and I am playing dvd's or playstation I sometimes get small white lines on my tv. They are very hard to see because my wife did not even notice them until I said something. If I switch to regular cable to tv or turn off the receiver the lines will go away so it is not the tv which is only six months old. The lines just started appearing a few months ago for no reason that I can think of. I replaced my composite video cables from my receiver to my tv with componenet cables, but it did not improve the picture. I even went as far as buying a brand new receiver, but it still did not solve the problem. It sometimes will go days without lines, and then all of a sudden they just show up and progressively get worse until they finally go away. It's a vicious cycle and it is driving me crazy. Anyone that can help with this I really appreciate it.
You need this between the cable TV and the TV itself.

http://www.cencom94.com/gpage.html8.html

I bet if you unplug the cable TV when you use your DVD or playstation, the problem is gone, right?:D

4cefedgst

Audiophyte
mtrycrafts said:
You need this between the cable TV and the TV itself.

http://www.cencom94.com/gpage.html8.html

I bet if you unplug the cable TV when you use your DVD or playstation, the problem is gone, right?:D
You were dead on. I have been trying to figure this thing out for six months!!! Thanks so much. I'll get one of those isolators pronto.

4cefedgst

Audiophyte
I guess the real problem for me is I never had any problems for the six years and I thought for sure it was the A/V cables or the receiver. Thanks again.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
4cefedgst said:
I guess the real problem for me is I never had any problems for the six years and I thought for sure it was the A/V cables or the receiver. Thanks again.

Something changed over time, who knows. You are welcome. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis