ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I'm a bit perplexed. My Vizio TV died. So I hooked up my old smaller Panasonic PlasmaTV. Here is the set up and problem.
I am running a Marantz AVR. Oppo player.
Hook up with the old Vizio. HMDI from Oppo to AVR to TV. Everything works. Optical connection from TV to Marantz. When I played normal TV i just selected TV on the Marantz and had surround sound while watch TV. Then if I wanted to watch a movie I just selected BD player. All is good for Movies and TV.
I have the exact set up on the older Panasonic Plasma.. However. I can not get sound when watching TV. Movies are fine... Just no sound when watching normal TV.. Can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
Are you using a cable/sat box? You mention an optical cable from the tv, are you using ARC?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You need ARC HDMI in(does both TV/Blu-ray) or Optical cable(does both as well). ARC will sound better. Since it's a older TV the latter may be your best option.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I am using the optical out on the TV. This TV doesn’t do ARC HDMI. So. Yes. OpticAl our to the Marantz. On the Panasonic I went in and made sure Digital TV was on. Still not working. Ugh.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Got it. Seems I had to reassign the input and change it to multi channel to work. Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis