help with mic hissing pls

D

daniel3877

Audiophyte
i have a numark two channel mixer and a small dj rig,i recently went out and bought a wireless mic set,when i first used it,i got allot of hissing in the background,they were cheep mics,i figgured that was the problem,so i went out and bought another set,,,they did the same thing,,lol,,seems it wasnt the mics,when i unplug my mic from mixer,and turn the mic gain on mixer up,with nothing connected,,it still hisses even with no mic attached,its a spankin new mixer.and sounds great other than the mic problem,what could it be?i need help solving this issue....:confused:

T

toddious

Audioholic Intern
daniel3877 said:
i have a numark two channel mixer and a small dj rig,i recently went out and bought a wireless mic set,when i first used it,i got allot of hissing in the background,they were cheep mics,i figgured that was the problem,so i went out and bought another set,,,they did the same thing,,lol,,seems it wasnt the mics,when i unplug my mic from mixer,and turn the mic gain on mixer up,with nothing connected,,it still hisses even with no mic attached,its a spankin new mixer.and sounds great other than the mic problem,what could it be?i need help solving this issue....:confused:
could just be noisy preamps, or something to do with phantom power. Is it happening for guitar/keyboard? or just when you use the mic pre's?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
A little hiss from a high gain amp stage is normal, particularly when nothing is plugged into it.

Also, how is it with a "real" corded microphone of decent quality?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis