Help with JBL Bar 5.1

S

ste1200

Audiophyte
Hi, I have a JBL Bar 5.1 with subwoofer. It is currently run through ARC to my Hisense 65A7300FTUK which I am soon to be replacing with a Samsung UE75TU7020KXXU.

I was hoping to add some speakers on to my set up. I called JBL yesterday and the chap said it is not possible to add speakers to work with the soundbar. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks in advance
Steve

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Does anyone have any ideas please?
Sound bars are not made to add additional speakers to.

If you are looking for a better experience you would more than likely need to upgrade to a receiver, speakers, and a sub. Even a basic 2.1 setup will give you an improved experience to a soundbar.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Upgrading to separate components and speakers is going to give a much better experience. But sometimes simplicity wins the day. I would recommend upgrading to a traditional setup based on performance alone. But if it’s a soundbar form factor that’s more important, I believe Klipsch, yamaha, and nakamichi(others too) have SB’s that utilize real surround speakers(not fake ones in the SB) and might be a way to split the difference. Those also might allow the addition of a higher quality subwoofer.
Imo, it’s time to move on. The JBL tech was right. There’s no way to add any speakers to that system.
Out of curiosity though. What were you interested in adding?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis