Help with Integra DPC 8.5

G

GaryL

Enthusiast
My player refuses to read regular CDs. It does read and play SACDs and all the DVDs I put in it but it will not read or play a music CD. I have no idea if a laser might be burned out or some other issue might be the cause of this. It just seems funny it works fine on two of the three formats but not on the least technical of them. I also don't know if it would be worth taking to any repair shop at this point and age.
Any help will be appreciated.

GaryL

W

WRA1963

Audiophyte
My player refuses to read regular CDs. It does read and play SACDs and all the DVDs I put in it but it will not read or play a music CD. I have no idea if a laser might be burned out or some other issue might be the cause of this. It just seems funny it works fine on two of the three formats but not on the least technical of them. I also don't know if it would be worth taking to any repair shop at this point and age.
Any help will be appreciated.

GaryL
I have the exact same Integra and it's doing the exact same thing. It refuses to read regular CDs. It's fine with all others.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like the laser that reads cds isn't functioning properly.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you know if that's something that's worth fixing?
Depends what's wrong particularly, and might be worth a tech going thru it, if you can find one, they're getting rarer. Or maybe finding a service manual and going thru it yourself if you feel adventurous and have some basic skills in that regard. It doesn't play blurays and perhaps the money would be better spent on a newer player (altho can't think of any changers available any more otoh). Mine's just a guess based on the different lasers used to read the disc types mentioned, but could be something on a related board that's failed (and whether the board is reparable). I doubt replacement boards would be available this many years later, tho. Good luck!

W

WRA1963

Audiophyte
Depends what's wrong particularly, and might be worth a tech going thru it, if you can find one, they're getting rarer. Or maybe finding a service manual and going thru it yourself if you feel adventurous and have some basic skills in that regard. It doesn't play blurays and perhaps the money would be better spent on a newer player (altho can't think of any changers available any more otoh). Mine's just a guess based on the different lasers used to read the disc types mentioned, but could be something on a related board that's failed (and whether the board is reparable). I doubt replacement boards would be available this many years later, tho. Good luck!
I do have some basic skills, but I kinda agree with you on the fact that the money would be better spent on a new player. Plus it could need boards and there may be an issue with availability of boards. Thanks for your insight and suggestions.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis