Help with Denon DCM-380 CD Player needed

H

heepdog

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hi there - this is a B Stock 5 disc changer I just got today from Dakmart, an authorized online Denon dealer. I took the 2 red screws out from the bottom just like it says and plugged it in. Just a few seconds after turning it on, it makes a small whirring noise and then an ERR message comes on the display. No amount of pushing buttons etc changes anything. The tray just won't open. I even put the screws back in and took them out a couple of times but no dice. This is really frustrating. Any helps or tips on getting this straightened out would sure be appreciated. Luckily there's a warranty on this, but I'd hate to send it right back!  Thanx</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>What you’re describing sounds fairly fatal. This is a long shot but, their may be a disc in the player that has jammed the door. If you’re so inclined, you might pop the cover and take a peek. I would take it back myself. I’ve had my DCM-380 for some time now and not a single complaint; bought mine new though.</font>

H

heepdog

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanx for the reply Eric. Is it possible a disc is in there even on a B stock item?  Popping it open is a possibility but I'm concerned it might invalidate the warranty.</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>If you’re worried about them taking it back then I’d suggest returning it without opening it.</font>

H

heepdog

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I'm gonna call Dakmart and/or Denon on Monday and see if there's anything we can do over the phone. I'll send it back if all else fails. I was really looking forward to playing with it this weekend. First time I've ever bought a B Stock item. Got it at $100 less than regular price, but now I'm not so sure it was really worth it. Thanx again.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis