Help With Black Pixilation

A

APORTO

Audioholic Intern
Hi All,

I've been away from AH for a while enjoying my 7.2.4 theater, but my projector has started giving weird pixilation displaying blacks and I wonder if there was a known fix other than replacing projector? Anything with any color or light is displaying perfect, but pitch black scenes are not displaying correctly. Last night I was watching Amazon's Carnival Row (PD judge) and there was a scene viewing an entrance to a tunnel from the outside. The blackness of the tunnel was a mass of annoying swirling pixels, while the surrounding bricks of the entrance where crystal clear. This is something that just started to happen. It is an old PT-AE8000, but the brightness and crispness are amazing and I was hoping to hold off replacing until there is a clear choice for 4K under 3K. Is there a fix or should I prepare for system failure?

https://www.panasonic.com/ca/support/discontinued/televisions-home-entertainment/pt-ae8000.html

As always, many thanks to all for so much info!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd blame the streaming service myself. Does it do the same thing for a blu-ray?

A

APORTO

Audioholic Intern
That's why I respect you guys. It occurs frequently, but not always. That also describes my streaming habits to a tee. I'll have to send back my Netflix DVD and wait for the next to arrive, but I think it very well could be the issue.

Too bad no one is creating a true HD streaming service with a high capacity cache so you can queue a movie and begin watching later that day. There is a market of at least 1 ;-)

Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just think of all the complaints about the dark scenes streaming Game of Thrones' penultimate episode....but I hope you're getting blu-rays to compare rather than dvds....

A

APORTO

Audioholic Intern
LOL yes. I sometimes mistakenly use "DVD" to refer to blu-ray because I am old. I owned a Betamax in the 80's.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL yes. I sometimes mistakenly use "DVD" to refer to blu-ray because I am old. I owned a Betamax in the 80's.
Oh, I'm fairly old. Had VHS myself before dvd then bluray....all needed different players altho current blurays do nicely with dvds too. I do wish Netflix would change their name for the optical disc subscription, tho I suppose dvds still dominate in numbers over bluray.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis