Help with AVR Wall Mount Please

M

mikesalami

Audiophyte
I have this wall mount which I just mounted my tv to.

I wanna get a wall mount for an AV receiver, however I seem to have a problem.

If I get something that mounts to my tv wall mount like this, then if I tilt my tv forwards the AVR might fall off. Also if I move the tv around it may tug on the wires going to my speakers.

However if I got something that screws into the wall like this, then the problem is that I can't centre it beneath the tv. It needs to go into a stud, none of which are in the centre of the tv.

Any ideas or help with this?

Edit: nvm... I think I'm just gonna get one of these and simplify the whole thing.

https://www.amazon.ca/FITUEYES-shelves-32inch-Samsung-TT207001MB/dp/B01BY3JVE2

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You need to be a little more flexible with your solution...
First, does it really need to be wall mounted?
If yes, then you need to find a solution that will allow you to anchor a sturdy shelf to several studs while allowing adequate support and ventilation for the AVR... as well as placement flexibility to allow your centering the shelf beneath the TV.
(For example:)

I would definitely NOT attach it to your TV.

Otherwise, a component rack/stand or shelving unit would be the way to go. Agai, just make certainn it is not closed and provides adequate space for cooling!

M

mikesalami

Audiophyte
Definitely doesn't need to be wall mounted... I just happened to buy a wall mount a while ago before I really thought about this, and also didn't want a big tv stand and clutter. Now that it's mounted though I'm having second thoughts.

The unit you linked looks decent. I like the stand I found. Had no idea those existed until right now. Allows for some swivel (which I want), and also is very open so should be ok for cooling.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis