Help with audio Speakers

EmTea

EmTea

Audiophyte
Help with choising the right receivers

Hello, I'm new to this whole audio thing and I'm in a perdicament.
We are finishing our basemnt and have a Home Theater planned out. The problem is that my step-mom, all-of-a-sudden, would like speakers in the other rooms of the basment. The plan is to have the room-speakers independent from the Home Theater. We already bought 6 in celing speakers (2 for each room), and a device that turns it into 4 zones. The forth zone is for the outside speakers. So my question is what receiver should we get? It dosen't have to be fancy, just needs at least one audio out for the CD player and a built in FM tuner. Prefably a XM ready recevier but the one's we've looked at don't have that feature so its not required. It's gotta sound good but considering this is called Ausioholics, I'm shure all of the reccomendations sound awesome. I'm a big audiphile as well, love nice clean sound quality.
So what do you guys reccomend?

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
EmTea

EmTea

Audiophyte
Leprkon said:
The only XM-ready receivers out right now are the Yamaha HTR-5800 line(run between $ 300 and $ 600). Denon will be putting some out shortly.

Try www.jr.com or the link below for some excellent prices.

http://www.onecall.com/ModelSearch.htm?L_TK=777_4_0_10_0_0_0_0_0_0&ProductsActive=1&Ref=8271&AnOrderBy=0&ProductLineID=17&SubLineID=0&ManufacturerID=39&MinRange=0&MaxRange=35,000
Yeha, thanks for the info. Like I said the XM stuff is not mandatory. The reciver we got for the HT is the HTR 5850. Basicly the other recevier needs to be basic just so we can get audio out to 8 speakers. I know a recevier can do that on its own, which is why we purchased a 'spliter'. One of those modules that turns each pair of speakers into a zone. Form what I understand the 4 speaker wires will go from the receiver to the 'spliter'. The 8 speakers will go to thier designated zones. I hope this makes any sence to you guys. I'm trying my hardest to explain it. I may give you some pictures for some refrence.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
If you can still find one (www.shopping.com might be a big help), a $ 200 Yamaha HTR-5740 might be what you're looking for. It's a little bit of overkill, but you would be able to use it for SACD or DVD-audio. It's last year's model but a great lower-end amp, with decent power and a very clean output.

It will only put out an amplified signal, so if your splitter system includes an amplifier, you're going to have to step up a couple of models for a component-level signal.

EmTea

EmTea

Audiophyte
Our splitter dosen't include an amp. But the Yamaha seems perfect. I won't use it, and we wont use it alot. It just needs to work, the better it sounds is just a plus.
Note:
The name of the splitter is Monster Cable Multi Speaker Selector Model #MSS-4

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis