Help with 3 Energy S10.3 Subwoofers (fried fuses)

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Houston, we have a PROBLEM!!!!!

Long story short, I just bought and received my 3rd subwoofer (Energy S10.3) and when I was getting it ready, I noticed my two other subs (same brand and model) were not working.

So I decided to open both subs and found that their fuses were dead (sub #11 & sub #2 ). The new sub was working as expected, and I decided to take out its fuse and try it on one of the other subs and... nothing.

The interesting and sad part is that after just a few minutes (less than 5 actually) it ended up dead too. Now, I have 3 dead subs

Any ideas???

Fuse info:
T2.5AL250VP

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Obviously something is going on that is killing the fuses. The problem is the amplifiers, I would get amp replacements, not fuse replacements. You may want to have the wall outlets tested too. Sadly, none of that will be cheap.

one more time

one more time

Junior Audioholic
Help me understand this. You've got three subs, all the same make and model number, that you've bought at different times, and they all keep blowing fuses?

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Obviously something is going on that is killing the fuses. The problem is the amplifiers, I would get amp replacements, not fuse replacements. You may want to have the wall outlets tested too. Sadly, none of that will be cheap.
Both at the same time? Wouldn’t this be a huge coincidence?

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Help me understand this. You've got three subs, all the same make and model number, that you've bought at different times, and they all keep blowing fuses?
All amplifiers were bought around one year apart from each other. I found that Sub #1 and Sub #2 had their fuses blown (I don’t know since when). I put the fuse from Sub #3 on one of the old ones (I think it was on Sub #1) and it blew in less than 3 minutes. I can understand that an amplifier can fail at some point but, they both have the same thing?!?!?!? Both at the same time??? That is strange!

one more time

one more time

Junior Audioholic
So, you didn't use # 1 and # 2 until now? Normally, when you're using an item, you hear when the fuse blows because is stops working instantly Fuses don't blow when they are just sitting there doing nothing.

I'm still confused here.

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
So, you didn't use # 1 and # 2 until now? Normally, when you're using an item, you hear when the fuse blows because is stops working instantly Fuses don't blow when they are just sitting there doing nothing.

I'm still confused here.

I have a one year old girl and I usually use my system at low to moderate levels which makes it pretty difficult for me to pinpoint a date when they stopped working. They were both connected to power and in auto-on mode.

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Maybe a power surge destroyed both amps in the same manner?
Yes, maybe . We’ll see when the new fuses arrive. I bought a multimeter to check the voltage on my room’s power outlet, a ground loop isolator and the fuses to start searching for answers.

one more time

one more time

Junior Audioholic
Did anything else in the house mysteriously die, particularly on those same circuits?

Since all three are the exact same make and model, You might want to contact Energy and see if they can offer any possibilities.

Last edited:
H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Did anything else in the house mysteriously die, particularly on those same circuits?

Since all three are the exact same make and model, You might want to contact Energy and see if they can offer any possibilities.

I know the voltage in these apartments seems to be a bit higher than normal. Not long ago I had someone over to check up on my inverter console and he noticed it was a “bit” higher than normal. But no casualties that I can remember so far besides that console. But they are not on the same circuit though.

I’m trying to send Energy an email. Thanks!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis