sudyke

sudyke

Audioholic Intern
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum! I don't know too much about HT stuff. Can anyone tell me where I can learn about these things everyone writes here? Like +3db=2xpower, and how you calculate that a 92db speaker needs 516W-s for 119db, what is spl level, and things like that!
Thx! :)

Also I am planning on buying a Pio VSX-D814! That is the max that my budget can hold! My room is about 20-25sqm, 3m30cm high cieling, with very thick walls. Good buy? Pros, cons? I will probably use it with my computer's 5.1 soundcard, but I am planning on buying a decent DVD-player soon (need more money)!

sudyke

sudyke

Audioholic Intern
Thx! I've read the tips on this page, but somehow I'm not getting the info I'm looking for! I'll try the link you sent me! Maybe I should read a high school physics book??? Dunno if that would help!

kay

kay

Audioholic
High school physics definitely helps a lot! If you're really interested in the subject, that would be the best thing do to - find a high school physics text book :)

sudyke

sudyke

Audioholic Intern
I am reading axion's webpage, and its really good! Still not as much as I wanted, but very-very good!
Thx!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
sudyke said:
Thx! I've read the tips on this page, but somehow I'm not getting the info I'm looking for! I'll try the link you sent me! Maybe I should read a high school physics book??? Dunno if that would help!

The sound/acoustics section will help some :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
sudyke said:
I am reading axion's webpage, and its really good! Still not as much as I wanted, but very-very good!
Thx!

Since you are new to this, the problem is you will not know what are facts and what are audio bs coming from the makers. Just be careful. You may want to bounce some of the questions off this board.

sudyke

sudyke

Audioholic Intern
mtrycrafts said:
Since you are new to this, the problem is you will not know what are facts and what are audio bs coming from the makers. Just be careful. You may want to bounce some of the questions off this board.
I see! :) I'll be careful!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis