• Thread starter Robert H.Blackwell
  • Start date
R

Robert H.Blackwell

Audiophyte
Looking at two speakers...
Paradigm Atom v1 .Used
Polk tsi 100...New/ $35 more
Being driving by a older pioneer vsx 515.

I listen to anything from Elton,Eagles & Steely Dan to Van Halen Aerosmith Ozzy
Thanks for your input...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I'd buy the Paradigms before the Polks. Is there a reason you're limited to just those two options?

R

Robert H.Blackwell

Audiophyte
Just being cheap....
like to stay at $125 for a pair...
Thanks !

T

Tom._White

Enthusiast
Looking at two speakers...
Paradigm Atom v1 .Used
Polk tsi 100...New/ $35 more
Being driving by a older pioneer vsx 515.

I listen to anything from Elton,Eagles & Steely Dan to Van Halen Aerosmith Ozzy
Thanks for your input...

Interesting. I just sold all my Polk speakers (used in a 5.1 HT and music setup) including a pair of monitor 30's.

My quest is in going from speakers all over, to a simple stereo setup. That included listening to some Paradigm Atoms and Micro Monitors.

The 30's are quite similar to the tsi's, from what I've heard. Anyway, listening to the Paradigms made me wish I had kept the Polk Monitor 30's.

In the past, I have owned other Polks and some Paradigm Studio series speakers. In each case, the Polks were the better speakers.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Just being cheap....
like to stay at $125 for a pair...
Thanks !
Were did you find the Paradigms? Craiglist? eBay?

Give us your locale and I and others can check Craigslist for you, see if we can find something better.

Y

yotems

Audiophyte
you can find some used paradigm titans on ebay for that price or less shipped.

the key to that is buying them from someone who has packed speakers before and knows they need a lot of padding everywhere, and not just in between the speakers so they simply cant hit each other.

i just bought and returned a set of titans off ebay that werent packed very well. the woofers in boths speakers were separated from the cabinet/ the magnets were broken off the cone of the woofer in both because they didnt have any padding in between the box and speaker. the terminals left indents in the bottom of the box from being smashed down :(

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
you can find some used paradigm titans on ebay for that price or less shipped.

the key to that is buying them from someone who has packed speakers before and knows they need a lot of padding everywhere, and not just in between the speakers so they simply cant hit each other.

i just bought and returned a set of titans off ebay that werent packed very well. the woofers in boths speakers were separated from the cabinet/ the magnets were broken off the cone of the woofer in both because they didnt have any padding in between the box and speaker. the terminals left indents in the bottom of the box from being smashed down :(
Ouch, that sucks.

Welcome to Audioholics!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis