Help! Tidal ruined everything…

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
I need some suggestions. I own an Integra DRX5 AVR and I use both additional zones for outdoor speakers. I had been using Tidal built in to stream Tidal Masters (lossless audio) direct through my receiver which is connected to my network via Ethernet cable (hardwired).

Enter Tidal Connect… no longer will the Built-in Tidal on my receiver connect to the Tidal client. I have to connect through the app. Here are the problems with that: The connection with the Integra is now done through the built-in Chromecast which causes the following issues a) The hires audio will not work through a chromecast device and b) My 2 extra zones will not work. Chromecast only plays through the Main Zone.

I either need some sort of solution to the Integra issue (Chromecast connection) or I need a separate streaming device, but would the Tidal Connect having issues with other devices as well?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Have you any iOS devices? Airplay 2 has no Zone limitations like Chromecast or DTS Play-Fi. I used it to stream lossless music from my iPhone to eight zones once using three Onkyos and a Yamaha receiver.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Consider an Apple Music subscription.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic

I use the above reasonably priced streamer to access Tidal and Amazon Music HD. It streams in 192/24 and has easy Wi-Fi or Ethernet setup. It is also a solid part of the HEOS multi room solution.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Have you any iOS devices? Airplay 2 has no Zone limitations like Chromecast or DTS Play-Fi. I used it to stream lossless music from my iPhone to eight zones once using three Onkyos and a Yamaha receiver.
I can connect with AirPlay, but I don’t think the receiver supports Airplay 2 so if I get a phone call, the music gets interrupted.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, Airplay is best left to iPods and iPads and not an iPhone that is used for calls and texts.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, Airplay is best left to iPods and iPads and not an iPhone that is used for calls and texts.
Can't you set the notifications/call handling off for use in particular apps?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You can, but leaving it alone to just stream music is difficult for many as they want to continue to do other things on the iPhone and end up screwing up the music.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can, but leaving it alone to just stream music is difficult for many as they want to continue to do other things on the iPhone and end up screwing up the music.
Good point, was more thinking that you'd turn it off if you don't want interruptions by the phone so you could have a quality listening session.....but gotta admit having a pad instead of just a phone does make it a lot easier to ignore the phone altogether :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis