Help ? Suggestions to improve , downstairs tv room

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Truing to decide which front speakers to switch too , or does it even matter. ?
Most everything is coming from center channel . And sub
These front channel aren’t adjustable past 0db so no boost ... not sure if bigger speakers would help unless I run large a vintage 6.1 ch amp not got the read center hooked up yet ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Are the jamo fronts better or a larger woofer Sony bookshelf speaker ? I have klipsch bookshelves and some speakers unused in basement that could be fronts .
I think this amp is too low end to make satellites sound good .
I’d remove a pair of towers in my bedroom but I’m not sure if my mom would cry there too tall the Andrew Jones mini tower speaker. $125 model .
I’m too low on cash for same driver fronts but I am on lookout for a cheap pair local like $20zzz or just stick to jamo for now .
Think the 5.1 jamo drivers hurt my ears more , maybe because cuz they are smaller ??

Use the juggling bigger guns ??

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Are the jamo fronts better or a larger woofer Sony bookshelf speaker ? I have klipsch bookshelves and some speakers unused in basement that could be fronts .
I think this amp is too low end to make satellites sound good .
I’d remove a pair of towers in my bedroom but I’m not sure if my mom would cry there too tall the Andrew Jones mini tower speaker. $125 model .
I’m too low on cash for same driver fronts but I am on lookout for a cheap pair local like $20zzz or just stick to jamo for now .
Think the 5.1 jamo drivers hurt my ears more , maybe because cuz they are smaller ??

Use the juggling bigger guns ??

Does brand matter or quality of fronts? Should I try bigger speakers ??

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
No suggestion? I’ll get pics of what I’m considered, I have Sony bookshelves but I have rtr and klipsch Icon ones too .
I can not adjust much on this Yamaha model for bass on fronts so I need bjgger one ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

I want to use my larger speakers as fronts .. but how much can you do I cannot add anything past 0db kn fronts !?!!
Sony bookshelves from a mini high fi sysyem , vintage rtr ex 9 w 8” woofer . Or klipsch icon bookshelves with this Sony center ??for a better sound feild

Cannot use tiny satellites with a large center channel . Fail

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Your front right speaker is like 2 feet higher than the left speaker. The first thing you can do is keep them at a equal height.

Also I don't understand what you mean by not being able to push the main speakers past 0 at the dial? They should be very loud at that point.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Your front right speaker is like 2 feet higher than the left speaker. The first thing you can do is keep them at a equal height.

Also I don't understand what you mean by not being able to push the main speakers past 0 at the dial? They should be very loud at that point.
It’s there so the door didn’t hit it ...
Was on same level as other one

Even at ear level they do not sound loud ... at all I hear is center which I can adjust as Hugh as +10 yet for fronts .... small or high that’s it

Unusual avr model

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
There is something wrong with the setup if all you can hear is the center with everything running at that level. You should take out those speakers and use something else in the meantime just to make sure those amplification channels work.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
There is something wrong with the setup if all you can hear is the center with everything running at that level. You should take out those speakers and use something else in the meantime just to make sure those amplification channels work.
Yeah they work I noticed a decibel independence of my center is simply higher then the fronts ... and lowering its volume made it more even .’

I still wanna try different fronts!!! Tho my mom might cry there too ugly

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
What brand and model speakers do you have, you mentioned a different receiver possibly as well?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Physical size of speakers is not a good way to measure quality.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Noob. If you can’t raise the mains above 0, have you lowered the others? How about an spl meter? Have you tried level matching appropriately? Or just by number?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Noob. If you can’t raise the mains above 0, have you lowered the others? How about an spl meter? Have you tried level matching appropriately? Or just by number?
Are any free ones IPhone good ?
I can’t afford one but I can match using test tones I think .
Weird I cannot boost fronts maybe cuz it’s old ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
What brand and model speakers do you have, you mentioned a different receiver possibly as well?
I’ll get pics I said what my best ones were , two of them actually are same size woofer a lil over 5” from Sony or klipsch but Sony has a far different tweeters.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I’ll get pics I said what my best ones were , two of them actually are same size woofer a lil over 5” from Sony or klipsch but Sony has a far different tweeters.

Jamo sony and klipsch all make more than one speaker, I've heard good and terrible from all. In order for anyone to help you out they need to know what you have. Off a whim I'd say klipsch, but I've had a 5.1 with jamo satellites that was pretty impressive for what they were. Room size, open walls, something was mentioned about one speaker being higher than the other (nothing will sound right with those out of line) end of day all that matters is that it sounds good to ya, were just here to help maximize the quality.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Are any free ones IPhone good ?
I can’t afford one but I can match using test tones I think .
Weird I cannot boost fronts maybe cuz it’s old ?

Which AVR are we talking about again?

Yes there are some free ones. I wouldn’t really trust them for a serious calibration, especially in the subwoofer range, but you’ll get much closer than going by ear.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How many speaker connections are available with that receiver you're using noob?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

I want to use my larger speakers as fronts .. but how much can you do I cannot add anything past 0db kn fronts !?!!
Sony bookshelves from a mini high fi sysyem , vintage rtr ex 9 w 8” woofer . Or klipsch icon bookshelves with this Sony center ??for a better sound feild
I think in this setup he's using a Yamaha.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Which AVR are we talking about again?

Yes there are some free ones. I wouldn’t really trust them for a serious calibration, especially in the subwoofer range, but you’ll get much closer than going by ear.
The Yamaha avr I bought for $50 plus surround and a Blu-ray player .
The jamo center was too bright the avr was lower quality then the Jamos.
My bedroom system has too much sound this one too little .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis