Help! Stuck in diagnostic mode!

M

Marlene Craib

Audiophyte
My Yamaha rx-v683 receiver is stuck in diagnostic mode. Tried what user manual and info online but it does not work.

M

Marlene Craib

Audiophyte
Tried resetting, could not do it. Can put in diagnostic mode.

M

Marlene Craib

Audiophyte
Also unplugged it and waited to plug back in. Red light just stays on. Sleep light blinks when in diagnostic mode.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The word diagnostic doesn't yield anything in my search of your manual. There probably is nothing you can do if the soft reset doesn't do anything (the unplugging) and if it won't allow you to do a full/factor/microprocessor reset not much left for the consumer to do. I'd contact Yamaha, probably will need to send to them (or maybe have a local electronics shop look at it if you have one).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok, thanks for trying. Enjoy the rest of your night.
Good luck. I just tossed my Pioneer when it went south (hdmi board went slowly then it went up in a puff of smoke) as I figured repair expenses were going to be higher than its worth and I wanted to upgrade anyways :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Let us know what Yamaha says. If the unit went to a strange mode without you doing some button sequence on the front of the box or attempting a code update, that would be unusual and a very bad sign. Good luck.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis