Help so my speakers dont get dented!

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
So I have little children and cant have them poking dents in my new 1099's. Do you have any ideas for covering my speakers so they don't get dented?

Heres a pic of the speakers in question:

IMG_20160721_224737.jpg

Last edited:
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Those aren't my speakers I am building my 1099's right now

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Having punched a hole in one of my dad's speakers covered with simple grill cloth when I was a kid, I'd think you're better off with a wire mesh sort of thing for the speakers (or the kids... :) ). I use that grill cloth to make grills for my subs, it's fine for that (with left over lumber for frames)....but no kids in my house.

W

Winkleswizard

Audioholic
I never had this issue with my kids (or relatives ones), but understand the concern.

By the time I built something really robust that did not cause as many problems as I might be trying to avoid, I always bought some extra drivers. Whether you build grilles or not, I highly suggest doing this for DIYers. You never know when one or more of the drivers goes NLA. For something like the 1099s, this is pretty inexpensive too. It is good insurance for potential driver “accidents” too...

Ww

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I have grandkids ages 3-12. I put towels over my subs while waiting to finish the metal grilles I am/was making for them. It ends up making them less conspicuous than grilles, or grille cloth. When I listen to them, I just flip the towels up on top and it keeps the dust off of the entire cabinet/drivers. Yeah, it's kind of hokey/redneck but, with a bit of creativity, one could make them pretty nice. It ends up blending in with all the other furniture.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis