R

ROADSTAR

Audiophyte
Hi all, This is my first post as well as my first av receiver !
This is what I currently have set-up.
Marantz SR8500 av receiver ( 130 watt x 7 ), Cerwin vega D9's in rear, Cerwin Vega cls-215 3 way towers in front, Cerwin vega cls-6c 2 way in center and a 2 channel TFM-45 carver amp ( 335 watts RMS ).
The av receiver is running the D9's ( 250 watt rating ) in the rear and the cerwin vega cls-6c 2 way ( 125 watt rating ) center speaker. The carver amp is running the cerwin vega cls-215 3 way speakers in the front ( 500 watt rating ).
The front speakers sound great through the carver but I can barely hear the rear speakers and the center speaker when I have them all on when listening to music. I am used to listening to very loud music with my previous D9's and carver amp and pre-amp set up. Is there a different hook up I can try, for example can the amp be hooked up to run all speakers or should I be running everything through the not as powerfull new av receiver. I want to get the best , loudest possible sound out of all speakers for listening to music. The set-up I am running now sounds great when watching movies although the front speakers seem to be drowning out the center speaker at times. I would like to run all speakers when listening to music to fill the room with loud clear sound and I really need to utilize my carver amp that I have come accustomed to over the past 15 years.
Any and all suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated. The av receiver is not making the D9's sound good or loud at all. Could this have something to do with the DB97 rating on the speakers?
Thank-you in advance !

R

ROADSTAR

Audiophyte
Chill Out

Does it bother you that I felt the need to post it again in another area of the forum. Actually I thought I deleted it from the initial spot.

Q

quicksilver

Enthusiast
Its called cross posting...and is usally frowned upon in forums.

R

ROADSTAR

Audiophyte
Alright already

Not to worry It won't happen again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
ROADSTAR said:
Actually I thought I deleted it from the initial spot.
No, but I see you did delete the text from it immediately after this post. That's not really in the spirit of this forum.

But, that's all right. The answers so kindly provided to you, and the questions asked, still remain. I do see where you deleted all your responses to them, which had little to do with what was sugggested.

You've been given several options to try and asked several questions. Have you done anything about them? Did you even tyy to implement them? If so, why no reporting of results?

...or did you just blow off all the advice offered you, hoping for a magic answer to make all your problems disappear?

hint: You might want to ruminate on some of those answers you've already received. If, as you say, it works well in the HT mode, it's a most likely working correctly in the music mode and, most likely it's a user error or a lack of understanding of the functions being used.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis