HELP!!! Paradigm Studio 100 v. B&W CM7

E

egreen1976

Junior Audioholic
I already have the Studio 100s but was thinking of adding a pair of B&W CM7 for 2 channel listening. I like my studio 100s but could use a different sound. Something that handles highs, female vocals & jazz better. I have a chance to pick up a pair of CM7s for about 1k. The catch is that I won't be able to audition them first. Now I know the cardinal rule is to audioton speakers first alway, but at 1k I could always re-sell these for very little loss. So I ask you guys? Do you think I would gain anything from the CM7s?

J

jamie2112

Banned
I like the B&W sound better myself but thats just me.I know you can resell them with boxes for more than you paid at 1k.........just sayin...

indulger

indulger

Audioholic
I just find it ridiculous that someone would have a pair of $2K speakers and would turn around and state he wants something different for 2 channel listening. That's just me. If I fork out that kind of money for some speakers, I will make darn sure that they play and produce the sound I am looking for in every aspect. And then again, that's because I don't have that kind of money to throw around.:eek:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I just find it ridiculous that someone would have a pair of $2K speakers and would turn around and state he wants something different for 2 channel listening. That's just me. If I fork out that kind of money for some speakers, I will make darn sure that they play and produce the sound I am looking for in every aspect. And then again, that's because I don't have that kind of money to throw around.:eek:
I kinda feel what you are saying here, although I feel it for a different reason. Why would you want to spend 2k on speakers then turn around and buy another pair of speakers that are in the same MSRP field. Both Paradigm and B&W have a reputation in the market for budget high end speakers and both attempt to appeal heavily to listeners looking for accuracy. I think you may find this change to be rather lateral. Changing to speakers with a different concept would make sense, or perhaps going up the chain to higher end products. If you are just itching to try them out at 1k it's certainly not a big gamble unless there's something fishy about the deal of course. The fact that you can resell them for approximately what you'll be putting in them makes it semi worth it if you don't mind the hassle of selling one pair or the other.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I kinda feel what you are saying here, although I feel it for a different reason. Why would you want to spend 2k on speakers then turn around and buy another pair of speakers that are in the same MSRP field. Both Paradigm and B&W have a reputation in the market for budget high end speakers and both attempt to appeal heavily to listeners looking for accuracy. I think you may find this change to be rather lateral. Changing to speakers with a different concept would make sense, or perhaps going up the chain to higher end products. If you are just itching to try them out at 1k it's certainly not a big gamble unless there's something fishy about the deal of course. The fact that you can resell them for approximately what you'll be putting in them makes it semi worth it if you don't mind the hassle of selling one pair or the other.
What he said^.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
And you call yourself Indulger? :eek::D

indulger

indulger

Audioholic
only when my wifes let's me:eek: I mean once a year after Taxes:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis