HELP!! Overwhelmed Looking for a solid system for under $4k including TV

B

BrianTheRealtor

Audiophyte
So much information. Ok my situation is I'm just looking to build a decent home theater in my living room 18x 16 open to the kitchen (no back wall). I have a credit line at NFM and would like to use the zero interest and would like to stay under $4k including a TV (TCL 75 Google). Sacrificing a bit of quality on TV and putting more money into the theater sound is more important for now. Can upgrade TV later.
Have been studying a bit and NFM has the REVEL F35 and F36 but Youtube doesnt have much info on those speakers. NFM also has Focals with the ATMOS in their theater center. Looking at Klipsch as well. They have the Denon 1800X on sale. Anyway I need some guidance as I'm a bafoon in this arena.. So frustrating putting this together. I mean I save my clients thousands of dollars negotiating Real Estate Transactions but this home theater thing is so flipping frustrating. HELP!! lol

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Paradigm Premier 700's with the 500c center channel, all @ 850/ea: $2550
SVS PB-100: $800 (you can get them for $600 through SVS's own website outlet)
And the Denon ($750) you're looking at is a good choice.

If you absolutely must get everything through NFM I'd say skip the sub for now and buy it later when funds allow.

B

BrianTheRealtor

Audiophyte
THANKS! So Paradigm Premier over REVEL F35's? F36's are $1100 ish but the F35's are in the $800's. Just clarifying. Also, If i was to splurge a bit more would the Denon X2800 be a better choice or is that overkill for my situation?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Have been studying a bit and NFM has the REVEL F35 and F36 but Youtube doesnt have much info on those speakers. NFM also has Focals with the ATMOS in their theater center. Looking at Klipsch as well.
Do they have the speakers at the store for you to listen to?

D

DIBstangguy

Enthusiast
Paradigm has a nice sound. I ran their monitor series for years until I got into Monitor Audio Bronze series speakers. It was a similar sounding speaker to Paradigm and I got a steal on the Bronze 6 fronts at the time. $500 for both still in the sealed box. I won't part with the Paradigm Monitor 3v2's I have. Will be using them with a 1977 vintage Technics separates and turntable setup I am putting back together from my youth.

B

BrianTheRealtor

Audiophyte
Do they have the speakers at the store for you to listen to?
The store I stopped by don't have Paradigm on the floor but offer via the website. I guess I could swing by Best Buy and have a listen.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
I've owned or listened to several different sets of Paradigm speakers over the years. They are generally well regarded and make a solid speaker. I haven't heard the current Premier line though. I haven't had the chance to hear any Revel speakers either but they are also generally well regarded too. I don't think any of the options you're considering so far would be "bad" or the "wrong" choice.

As AcuDefTechGuy is suggesting, I think you should just give each a listen if you can and go with whichever sounds best or presents the best value for sound quality to your ears.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The store I stopped by don't have Paradigm on the floor but offer via the website. I guess I could swing by Best Buy and have a listen.
Do they have ANY brand of speakers physically at the store at all or just sell all the speakers online?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Paradigm Premier 700's with the 500c center channel, all @ 850/ea: $2550
SVS PB-100: $800 (you can get them for $600 through SVS's own website outlet)
And the Denon ($750) you're looking at is a good choice.

If you absolutely must get everything through NFM I'd say skip the sub for now and buy it later when funds allow.
I’m guessing you meant pb1000? In that case for 800 bucks I wouldn’t even look at it. IMO, the RSL 12s for 800 bucks is an easy choice. The credit at NFM makes the equation interesting, but I just don’t think that pb1000 is valuable.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I’m guessing you meant pb1000? In that case for 800 bucks I wouldn’t even look at it. IMO, the RSL 12s for 800 bucks is an easy choice. The credit at NFM makes the equation interesting, but I just don’t think that pb1000 is valuable.
Yes, the PB-1000 is what I meant. If he can get a sub elsewhere, I agree that there are better options than the PB-1000 for the price range.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So you're giving up on a center speaker (and the rest) and going to a soundbar instead? Or you think the soundbar can act as center speaker?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
A friend of mine wants to spend $4k on his whole system and I am trying to help him out.

I have chosen a monitor already (Sony KF42WE610 @ $2500), but still need the Rec'v, DVD and speakers.

That leaves $1500, not a lot, that's why I am here. Should I go with a combo unit? Sony dream system maybe?

Any suggestions?
You sure thats the right model number on that set ?

That things 20 years old, weighs a ton, and is not worth 250 dollars, yet alone 2500 dollars....maybe you're not the right person to be spending someone else's money...unless you have some divine reason for such a choice.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A friend of mine wants to spend $4k on his whole system and I am trying to help him out.

I have chosen a monitor already (Sony KF42WE610 @ $2500), but still need the Rec'v, DVD and speakers.

That leaves $1500, not a lot, that's why I am here. Should I go with a combo unit? Sony dream system maybe?

Any suggestions?
At first I thought you were the original poster, but you should start your own thread. That tv you mention is somewhat ridiculous, tho.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis