M

milcol

Enthusiast
Hooked up my SVPB12/plus today output from yamahaRXV2500 to left input on the sub speakers set to small,when i put the gain at 9oclock very loud hum came from it turned the gain down to the first line to quiet it any suggestions.:confused:

V

Vigor

Junior Audioholic
If you still looking for an answer so you have to check the ground, or change the wires for a good quality, if not help check the conections if loose, if stil yoy have the "Ham" noise check inside the sube or the Amp,

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
milcol said:
Hooked up my SVPB12/plus today output from yamahaRXV2500 to left input on the sub speakers set to small,when i put the gain at 9oclock very loud hum came from it turned the gain down to the first line to quiet it any suggestions.:confused:
I have an SVS PB-12 Plus/2 and had a similar problem with my set-up. You need to go into the receiver's settings and set the bass limiter or volume control so you can hear the sub output. On most receivers, the bass limiter or volume control is initially set to almost non-audible. My Pioneer Elite receiver sub volume was set to near 0 volume. When I set the bass limiter volume to 100 I could hear the sub just fine. Now my gain switch on the sub is set near 0. Once you have the receiver bass limiter set correctly, you can control the sub volume with the receiver's channel settings rather than the sub gain control. Read the Yamaha's owner's manuel for bass volume settings. If you are still having problems, call SVS and they can help you. Good luck.

annunaki

annunaki

Is the humming a 60hz constant hum? You could have a ground loop issue. Do a search for ground loops on the forum. This subject has come up many times.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis