Help on Integra DTR 6.2

B

bruceh

Junior Audioholic
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with their Integra receiver switching into DTS/Dolby Digital modes. When I pop in a DVD, my Pioneer DV563A player is definitely outputting DTS/DD, but for some reason the Integra is not sensing the signal throught the digital optical connection. I am forced to run the digital signal through the Integra's "multichannel" input setting, which means its coming through my six analog connections for SACD/DVD Audio. As far as I can tell all the menus for DD/DTS output on the Pioneer are set correctly.

SilverMK3

SilverMK3

Audioholic
I don't have specific experience with either those components, but the first things I'd check are:
1) Make sure the SPDIF output is set to "bitstream" rather than LPCM in the DVD player's setup menu.
2) Make sure the DVD player is not set to process Dolby Digital and DTS, rather it should just pass them through to the SPDIF outs.
3) Make sure that you've assigned the correct optical input to the correct preset on your receiver. IE: Optical 1 -> DVD.

B

bruceh

Junior Audioholic
Integra 6.2

Thanks for the follow up. I will try turning off the dvd players DD and DTS output. By the way, I'm unfamiliar with the term SPDIF- what's that spell?

SilverMK3

SilverMK3

Audioholic
SPDIF stands for Sony/Philips Digital Interchange Format. It is the standard that allows digital communication through an optical or coaxial digital cable.

You need to be using a digital connection from your DVD player to your receiver in order for it to detect the Dolby Digital or DTS stream. If you are using the 6 analog connections, the DVD player will be doing the decoding and your receiver will just be amplifying the the analog signal without any processing.

B

bruceh

Junior Audioholic
Integra Dtr 6.2

Well, an interesting saga here. I went into my Pioneer DV563A, turned the DD/DTS menus to LPCM, then back again to digital output, and now the Integra is decoding the digital signal...I'm wondering if the Pioneer is having trouble when is do switch the Integra between different inputs. Essentially, no settings are different, I just played with them and moved them back to their original settings. Dont, know this player does some funky things sometimes. Thanks for the help!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis