B

BeckOdelay

Audiophyte
So i have cerwin vega at 12s and cerwin gega 250SEs. (250s are 125w 8 ohm) (AT 12 are 300w and 8 ohm). I need a pre amp thats decently cheap and will run these guys together (A/B setup). I had a 105 watt per channel sony TA AX 295 and it started clipping when i had these two running. Need something more powerful i guess. Im new to this so i have no idea!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're better off with two two-channel amps or a four-channel amp if you want to run four speakers....a single pre-amp could feed such.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So i have cerwin vega at 12s and cerwin gega 250SEs. (250s are 125w 8 ohm) (AT 12 are 300w and 8 ohm). I need a pre amp thats decently cheap and will run these guys together (A/B setup). I had a 105 watt per channel sony TA AX 295 and it started clipping when i had these two running. Need something more powerful i guess. Im new to this so i have no idea!!
For a start you don't want to run two sets of speakers at the same time, and especially not, if they are different speakers

Integrated amps are usually not that powerful anyway, and expensive.

My advice is to decide which pair speakers you want to run and keep the amp you have. That is the cheapest and best solution.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some just like the additional volume of four speakers it seems....another thought is to get an avr and make the four speakers mains/surrounds and go with a phantom center. That would allow for integration of a sub/subs, too..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis