Help needed marantz rx101

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
Would like to add bluetooth to a used marantz sr7007, cant find this module anywhere.......I mean anywhere! Would be handy to use the mx port as apposed to a HK BT module (already have one) as I dont have the input. (VCR, super nes, nes, cd player, blueray player, turntable, roku.....think that's everything!) Let me know if you know a substitute or a shady back ally I can deal one hahaha.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Any generic bluetooth receiver could be used really on any of the line inputs (i.e. any other than "phono"). Not sure what mx port is, tho. I use a cheap one from Tao Electronics at Amazon in my truck, but have used it on my older gear and it sounds decent enough for bluetooth....

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
Any generic bluetooth receiver could be used really on any of the line inputs (i.e. any other than "phono"). Not sure what mx port is, tho. I use a cheap one from Tao Electronics at Amazon in my truck, but have used it on my older gear and it sounds decent enough for bluetooth....
That's the issue, I'm out of inputs and would like to use the MX-port. Wish I got a reciever with BT, but for $350 in pristine condition, not gonna complain!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You could get an rca based switch and share an input? Do any of your other units have an rca input so you can piggyback?

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
Just checked, that's a negative ghost rider. You'd think ebay would have 1! Just 1! Been looking for a month and seems only marantz used this connection. Lovin the HD, your always on it lol. Hey, your a digital guy right?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use mostly digital media but still have a large vinyl collection and tt....just don't use it much. So the mx is a special input just for the appropriate device from Marantz (didn't look at the manual)? Maybe the switch might be an idea....saw some cheap but mostly more than I'd want to pay, probably just build one instead but never needed anything like that. Never used all the inputs!

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
I know, stupid Nintendos lol, but they're the fiance's sooooo....... I'd like to pick your brain on a dilemma I'm having about streaming services. Should I start a new thread?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I know, stupid Nintendos lol, but they're the fiance's sooooo....... I'd like to pick your brain on a dilemma I'm having about streaming services. Should I start a new thread?

It's your thread, do what you want with it. Welcome to pm me, too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis