HELP NEEDED (leg needed) WITH CHIEF SLBU/SLMU MOUNT.

M

mahjede

Audiophyte
So I have a JVC HD1 projector and am mounting it to the ceiling. I purchased a Chief RPMAU mount and began installation. HOWEVER, upon screwing in one of the legs of the SLBU bracket (the first part of installation with the legs that attach to the projector and then attach to a metal plate) one of the screws snapped off while I was screwing in the bolt. It absolutely sucks, is not fixable and to make matters worst, Chief will not sell me a replacement part and all warranties must go through the dealer. In my case I have a friend who is an installer and gave me the mount at a discount. He is very busy and I feel really awful saddling him with a warranty/return situation when he did me a favor. Sooo I am hoping for some help here -

A lot of projectors only have three screws which means that if you ever used this product with a three screw projector you have an extra leg. Is there anyway that anyone can spare an extra Chief SLBU leg? I'll pay through PayPal (i'm verified and could involve my ebay account with almost 400 feedback if you'd like more security).

Thanks so much for your time, mjd

B

bhuskins

Audioholic Intern
I'm suprised chief wont help you...they are a great company and have always helped out when there is an issue...but I work with them regularly...it might not be a big deal to have your friend make a 5 minute call to get the part shipped out to them for free. they want their dealers happy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis