Help:Monolith sub connection question

R

replyme

Audiophyte
I have dual Monolith M12-S subs presently connected to my pre processor using the LFE Center Sub Out.
Since the monolith subs have rca LFE IN, I am using an XLR to RCA splitter.
My question is can I just connect the processors balanced LFE Sub out directly to the Monoliths XLR IN and still get is as LFE? Or is LFE only possible with the rca connection.
Hope I am not confusing anyone with this question.
Thanks for any help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If your sub has an xlr input and your prepro has an xlr pre-out, just connect them and go from there. All LFE means generally as far as an input goes is that it's mono and expecting bass management from the prepro (and should negate any low pass filter on the sub using that connection, but sometimes you just max it out to be sure). What prepro do you have that has a "center" sub out?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes. It would help to answer connection questions if we knew what gear was involved...

R

replyme

Audiophyte
It's the Emotiva XMC2 it has a Center Sub out as well as a Right and Left Sub out which can be reassigned to work as Atmos Height Middle speakers. I am using the L & R Sub outs a Mid Heights so that leaves me the Center Sub out.

R

replyme

Audiophyte
If your sub has an xlr input and your prepro has an xlr pre-out, just connect them and go from there. All LFE means generally as far as an input goes is that it's mono and expecting bass management from the prepro (and should negate any low pass filter on the sub using that connection, but sometimes you just max it out to be sure). What prepro do you have that has a "center" sub out?
It's the Emotiva XMC2 it has a Center Sub out as well as a Right and Left Sub out which can be reassigned to work as Atmos Height Middle speakers. I am using the L & R Sub outs a Mid Heights so that leaves me the Center Sub out.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would take XLR from the processor to the first sub, then use the XLR output of the first subwoofer to run to the second subwoofer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis