Help me setup my room/equipment

I

ImolaM3

Audiophyte
Hi all, so this is really the beginning of my new “audio” obsession. I’ve always been a music aficionado and over the years have had hand me down speakers, or had the typical $200 Bose headphones (yes yes yes, I’ve been scolded already)

Anyways, moving forward I’ve been looking into stepping up my game, both with the equipment and the actual setup of my room. I’ll have to draw something up and post it, but since I own the place, I am able to drill into the walls, ect. I’m also fairly DIY friendly, specially when it comes to wood work, so any project ideas are welcomed!

Here is my current setup. A few things though:

1. I need real stands. The current “stands” were a bandaid vs putting the speakers right on the floor. I understand the no-no’s of unevenness, but until I craft or purchase stands (open to where to buy or a good DIY) these kinda work

2. The speakers I purchased are the Rembrandt model V’s. The reason I went with these was the physics behind them. Very interested at some point to discuss these! They really open up the “sweet spot” in the room like

Thanks and looking forward to the suggestions!

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
I am a big fan of music only and the true sweet spot one person chair. Step one... sit in your favorite chair and measure the height of your ears to floor. This is the height you want tweeters at. Home made stands I made from pcv pipe threaded rod and cement filled the pcv. Some guys use loose sand instead of cement to fill them. Make stands so they bring tweets to your ear level. I like the 2/3rds rule as well. Measure room from front wall to back wall. Put Chair at 2/3rds from front wall. Angle fronts about 30 degrees from sweet spot
dolbyhometheatrespeakerguide7-168-pd_.jpg

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Welcome to AH.

Those are nice stands for the speakers. Do you have another taller stand to make them even?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis