X

xttrapshooter

Audiophyte
i have narrowed my list down to these, i will use it for 80% movies and 20% music in a room that is 14 x 16, i don't want to go over $400.
How do these compare to each other?

hsu stf2 for 425 shipped
infinity ps12 300 shipped
klipsch ksw12 400 shipped
bic H100 250 shipped

farscaper

farscaper

Audioholic
Go with The HSU.
I like Klipsch speakers for HT but I was not impressed by their subs.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
I am in the same boat as you, but can spend $100 more.
I'll be getting a SVS or HSU.
I've heard that Klipsh, and was not impressed. I can't remember why I didnt like it though. I listened to a bunch of different subs that day.
If I had to go cheaper, and could not do a cheaper or used SVS or a HSU, I would probably do a Dayton DIY kit.

W

wafflebird

Audioholic
Go with the HSU or BIC out of that bunch

All are ok out of this list but the BIC and HSU are probably the best of the bunch. I have heard all of these. The Klipsch is ok for movies but I have been unimpressed with its performance with music. The infinity although rated down with the HSU is just nowhere near as good of a sub as the HSU or Bic. I have two friends one has the Bic and one has the HSU. Both are really excellent for the money. One question you need to ask yourself is concerning placement, the HSU is a down-firing sub, and the Bic is forward firing. You need to consider where you will be placing the sub as this will have a drastic affect on the quality of the sound you will be getting. I have a Martin Logan Dynamo which can be converted to either down firing or forward firing, let me tell you the difference is dramatic, especially when combined with placement. I am sure you will get many more helpful responses on this but really keep in mind your placement area and which of the two will be better for that particular area. But again out of this group I say (my opinion of course) HSU or Bic.:cool:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Under $400, I'd say the HSU.

For Reorx, I'd go SVS-PB10 or stretch it $50 more and get the 25-31PCi.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
Im running a single X-sub 8" in a 14x18 room and it rocks, seriously. I used to install car audio systems and have been involved with cars hitting 150dB. For an 8" at $199 I was shocked.

Buy two.

Oh and HSU or SVS of your picks, I wouldnt mess with those other guys.

J

Jacksmyname

Audioholic
Hi all. First post here, but I've been reading for a while.

If you can stretch your budget, Vann's still has the Mirage S12 at $499.
This was a $700 sub. It's been discontinued because of sales contractual issues. I just got one a few days ago.

Jack

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis