Help me choose which wires are better deal

S

sparr777

Audiophyte
Is there a difference in quality on these two wires? I am trying to choose between Impact Acoustics Velocity 12AWG and Blue Jeans Belden 5000UE (Gray or White jacket, 12 AWG). Now that the 20% discount is gone for Impact, their wire is twice as much as the Blue Jean. I know there is a difference in looks (i do prefer the velocity), but are there any technical differences? I am not sure if the velocity cables look good enough to justify the extra $$, unless they are better sound quality.

Any help would be appreciated.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
sparr777 said:
Is there a difference in quality on these two wires? I am trying to choose between Impact Acoustics Velocity 12AWG and Blue Jeans Belden 5000UE (Gray or White jacket, 12 AWG). Now that the 20% discount is gone for Impact, their wire is twice as much as the Blue Jean. I know there is a difference in looks (i do prefer the velocity), but are there any technical differences? I am not sure if the velocity cables look good enough to justify the extra $$, unless they are better sound quality.

Any help would be appreciated.
It is all about what you prefer to look at. Performance wise, there is none.

If, looks is not an issue with you, you may also consider Home Depot's 12ga wire, to include low voltage landscape wire(they do have them too).

S

sparr777

Audiophyte
That is what i figured, both seem to be highly regarded. Audioholics recommend velocity in their 75k system so i wasn't sure if performance was better then the blue jean wire.

THX

C

claudermilk

Full Audioholic
I wouldn't expect there to be any difference. Impact is an advertiser here, so--no offence--the site is more likely to reccommend them. BJC are quality cables, that's what I use, and Impact have to be as well, otherwise they wouldn't be preferred around here. Either one will work fine for you.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis